GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife bought me one for valentines day...looking at the instructions...this thing sucks!!! any tips for the install?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Walk through the instructions and right down the steps you're going to take to do it all making a list. Then take that list out and do it. That way you don't lose any time and end up starting over during the process. I have the PAC SWI-PS and a took a couple of passes at it. But it works perfect once I got it all right.

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow this is the first time i think im gonna have to study to do a mod...great...might as well break out the ipod adapter and do it too while i am at it.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I just installed one for my cousin, and the wires were too short to go anywhere useful, so now i have to rip out the hu, lengthen the wires, pull out her dome light, drill a hole, and slap it all back together.
Moral of the story, they give you a real dinky wire that you will probably have to lengthen to get anywhere useful.

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
huh...mine seems like it has a good deal of wire...ill probably get after it today and let yall know.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Oh, well maybe you got luckier than i did. I got about 2 feet of wire from the unit to the ir led.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
if he got the one for the Eclipse he want have to do a IR wire, just plug it into the back of the radio and wire up ground, ignition, and the sw wire then program it. All I can say is have fun, dont use a ball point pen to push in the programming wire, and PM me for my number if you get stuck and I can help. The instructions that come with it for programming suck ass!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Walk through the instructions and right down the steps you're going to take to do it all making a list. Then take that list out and do it. That way you don't lose any time and end up starting over during the process. I have the PAC SWI-PS and a took a couple of passes at it. But it works perfect once I got it all right.
I couldn't agree more, took me three times to get it right but its flawless once your done.

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay i did it!!!!easy once i seperated the instructions. took about 30 minutes from start to finish. as for the controls i have volume up and down,mode, and track select. worth the $40!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts