GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to probally be doing a 15 inch lift on my 4x4 silverado 1500.

Im thinking of running a 40inch tire, something good for sand and street(may never see dirt) i like the trxs. Are their any other good tires, how many miles will you get on these tires? How about a superswamper, mickey tompson baja belted tire, nitto, toyo....

Wheels: 18-22 inches. I like either weld racing. kmc. or Lexani.

What do you guys think. Will i need new bigger brakes?

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I would go with weld rims they just look better to me, as of the better tire well cant help you there havent been on sand.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
sandaddiction said:
Wheels: 18-22 inches. I like either weld racing. kmc. or Lexani.

What do you guys think. Will i need new bigger brakes?

Stacy on Trucks said it best
on the huge tires the reason for having rim sizes up to 20" is NOT for the bling bling factor, it is so you can get big brakes back there to stop those huge meats

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Personally, for sand, i would go with the sts. Like others have said, welds are nice too...and i would do a few brake upgrades...those larger tires and rims weigh a lot more than stock.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Sevenfold said:
You should head up to Pismo with us sometime, a lot of fun :imo
Yea I def wana go out to pismo sometime when I can get some time off to. Im selling my truck right now due to getting raped by gas prices so when i get my new one ill throw some good tires on and hit up the dunes. But like was said above i too think lexani's are a bit heavy on the bling sauce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts