GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a problem.. Put a 4" Rancho lift in my friend's 08 Silverado, and 325/60R18 Cooper STT tires on XD Revolver rims. Had it aligned to the Rancho specs after, and evern since putting the lift on the truck has shook.

Put 10oz of Airsoft BB's in each tire today, and it makes no difference at all.

Another thing... Sometimes the truck runs along smooth, no shake at all. Other times it shakes pretty bad, and the steering wheel see-saws back and forth. It does this above 40mph or so, at slower speeds its smooth.

Anybody got any ideas on what we should do with it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tires were spin balanced, but I took the stick on weights off when I put the BB's in them. So should they be spin balanced and put the bb's in too? I'm trying to find a shop that will align it again that is experienced with lifted trucks.

And there are no brake clips on it. None on the front rotors and the rear has drums, this is a 1500

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
wtf is this bb shit? ive never heard of this except on HUGE tires.

those tires should balance out fine with stick weights. whats the specs on the wheels?

18x(what) and what backspace.

I had a problem balancing my 285/75r16 tires on my 16x9 moto metals with 4.5" backspace. turns out that a rim with no offset...(well -12mm) should be balanced statically with weights on the inside lip about halfway between the inner lip and the spokes.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Why are you taking the stick weights off? Get them re-balanced and forget putting BB's in them WTF?

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
brake clips are on drums only.

You need to get a road force balance done and forget the BB's

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I had a set of 36x14.50's on my 2000 Z71 and they shook at anything over 65mph. I then had them done on the Hunter road force balancer and they were smooth as glass then....made a believer out of me and now I get all my tires done like that no matter what size.

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
I had a set of 36x14.50's on my 2000 Z71 and they shook at anything over 65mph. I then had them done on the Hunter road force balancer and they were smooth as glass then....made a believer out of me and now I get all my tires done like that no matter what size.
Where can I get this road force balance done? :hmm:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

Each 8 oz. bag of Equal will balance one 9.00 R16 size tire. Just drop the bag into your new tire before mounting. The drop-in bag will break apart after a few miles and release the Equal into your tire and your tire will be balanced for its useful life. Replacing the standard valve core with the AirX Filtered Valve Core and replacing the standard plastic valve stem cap with the metal sealing valve stem cap completes the installation. Each 8 oz. bag of Equal comes complete with one AirX Filtered Valve Core and a metal sealing valve stem cap for a complete and proper installation.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
it seems to me all of this stuff you can put in your tires would work a number on those TP sensors :think:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts