GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how do you guys with 35" and up tires balance your tires? Anyone heard of dynabeads? They're like BBs you put inside the tire which help balance out heavy spots. No need to put wheel weights on and they always keep your tire balanced.
My thinking was that at low speeds it may make the tire out of balance even more.
I'm stepping up to 37s and wondering what's a better way to balance the tires. This will be a street truck that may see some dirt/sand action a couple times a year.

·
Rusty Shackleford
384 Posts
I've never heard of them. I usually just do a static balance with stick on weights. It will really come down to the manufacturer of the tire. The more expensive tires will often require less weight. Toyos are molded in sectional pieces as opposed to many other brands. I had one wheel balance out perfect, the others took less than an ounce. I had a set of superswamper tsl's on a set of welds, and I couldn't' throw enough weight on them to make them balance out well. They would shake my steering wheel on the interstate.

·
Banned
803 Posts
This is where BBs, sand, dynabeeds, etc come into play. I had my 44" TSLs balanced with BBs and I could drive the truck down the highway at 65+ and never get a shake

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
did my trxus the traditional way and they went out of round at 25k with 1/2 tread shifted some belts. bought my nitto terra grapplers and they tool less then 1 oz per tire. the cepeks on my new truck have the bb in them( were in there when i bought it) and they give me a little shake at low speed but are fine at high speeds and wearing flat. next set will get road force balance i hear thats the way to go from my local tire shop.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Go to the dynabeads website and use their chart to figure the amount of weight needed for your tires. Next, go to walmart and buy the heaviest airsoft pellets that you can find in the Crosman brand. I believe right now the heaviest is 0.25g/pellet. The Crosman pellets don't powder. Do math to figure out how much you need.

I have done this on 2 sets of 37s and twice on a set of 40s (rim swap). Every time it balanced out perfect. I usually put in 50% more than required for some extra assurance.

At low speeds your tires don't need to be balanced. Also, at low speeds the pellets roll along the bottom portion of the tire. Once you speed up, the pellets distribute themselves as needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts