GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I was dying to try some tire gel to dress my tires. Only to find that even after a week, I'm still flingin' black shit all over the sides of my truck and on my rims. Did I use too much or what? Or is this normal? I think I'm goin back to the Spray on cleaner/dressing I was using before.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
what kind was it? ive used the Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray (Trigger kind) stuff in a bottle and it worked great and lasted forever, for gels, ive heard a lot of good things about the endurance stuff by meguiars also

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Some dressings will sling if applied to heavily. So far, my favorite tire gel is megs endurance. However, personally, I would not waste my time on large sidewalled tires, applying gels. On my s10 w/ 55 sized sidewalls I use optimum tire shine. Spray it on and then just wipe it to spread evenly. However, on my M and other small tired cars, I use the megs. I would be wasting time cleaning the overspray on small sidewalls. So I not only choose a spray vs gel depending on looks, I do it by tire too :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using the Armorall stuff. Looks pretty good except for that slinging all over. After washing my truck today I got an old towel and wiped the tires down really good and no more mess, and they're still plenty shiny! I guess I got carried away when I applied it! What a Dork!

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
I use NXT insane shine. It's an aersol spray. I have a cardboard cut out the size of my wheel to avoid any over spray on the wheel and I just go to town. Take maybe 10 seconds a tire and last a LONG ass time as long as the weather isn't horrible.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I've heard of oil free tire shines, infact my buddy got some from discount tire. Who makes this stuff?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
one thing to keep in mind.....dressings (tire/exterior trim in particular) are not meant to be sprayed on or use large amount...

use an applicator pad of some sort and wipe it on...let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it off...will still leave a nice deep black look but will avoid slinging it and dripping it wheels...

·
Registered
374 Posts
P&S Wipe N Shine :read:

Won't slinng, can be sprayed or wiped on and only goes where you intend it to go. No overspray, and it lasts a good couple weeks, even holds up OK in the rain..

It's not cheap ($25+/Gal) but well worth it IMO

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
i use Super Dress It by Automagic... its water based so you can dilute it for exterior plastics, engine compartment, etc. apply it to the applicator and wipe it on the tires, i like my tires with a "wet" look, and theres no overspray, slinging over the side of the car, etc. lasts a bit too :D
$20 a gallon or so.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
eagle one makes a great tire shine

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm currently using Turtle Wax F21 super protectant. So far I like it, it doesn't have a super wet gel shine, but more of a clean look. Also I think it's water based.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
I dont know about you guys but i love the look of a super clean tire rather then one that has tons of greasy looking shit on it. Soap and water ftw!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Poorboys Bold and Bright is my favorite tire dressing...water based easy to apply and easy to clean. Can be used for both matte and glossy finish by the amount of coats used.

Here is one coat for a matte finish:

and 2 or more coats for a gloss finish:

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
wow i like how that looks. Might have to pick me up some.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Poorboys Bold and Bright is my favorite tire dressing...water based easy to apply and easy to clean. Can be used for both matte and glossy finish by the amount of coats used.

Here is one coat for a matte finish:

and 2 or more coats for a gloss finish:

I would listen to this guy :read: , after all he looks like he knows some shit about some detailin shit.. naa I meannn?

n I would stay away from those tire shines like "hot shine" and black magic unless u plan to let it sit a good while or wipe it down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts