GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this thread is getting old but i am need of tires and don't know which way to go.it doesn't matter about noise at all,no jokes about my BROAD tire choices jus looking at getting a tire i have never had before.anywho if you have any one of these tell me how you like em!!!looking for 36's - 38's for a 20 inch rim if you have any more suggestions throw them in.

mud grappler-37x13.50
swamper m-16 37x13.50
kumho kl-71 37x13.50

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
M-16 FTL

Kumho's are nice but run too skinny

Grapplers are too soft and loud as fuck

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
i think the KM2s come in a 37r20? :think:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hell that's why im confused I've heard some say they got 30 out of grapplers and some say bald at 15.then some say smooth as glass ride then worse than a swamper.kumho's look sick but run skinny in the 13.50 flavor.the only bad thing I've heard about the m-16s is the bullets.gay but how do they actually measure up size wise?

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i think the KM2s come in a 37r20? :think:
yea 37x12.50-20

hell that's why im confused I've heard some say they got 30 out of grapplers and some say bald at 15.then some say smooth as glass ride then worse than a swamper.kumho's look sick but run skinny in the 13.50 flavor.the only bad thing I've heard about the m-16s is the bullets.gay but how do they actually measure up size wise?
i got about 5500 miles on my grapplers right now and i can hardly tell they are worn at all. also they ride just as smooth as my extreme all terrains i used to have, it takes a good shop to balance them good, they spent almost 3 hrs on mine and it was well worth the wait. i love the grappers for looks, they aren't that loud IMO, when i got them the shop put in 45 psi and HOLY FUCK i thought a airplane was tailgating me, i run them at 28 and ride like a champ, great tire :imo key to long life on the grapplers, is rotation and proper air pressure, i rotate mine every 2500 miles and polish my rims while i'm at it

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
theres a guy right now sellin a used set of mud crapplers for 100 in the size you want. i gave my set away if that tells you something.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
DON'T get the grapplers, way too loud. I'm getting rid of mine because they are shit :imo
They look the best, and don't seem to wear bad, but the noise....

i can't even here the diesel/turbo over the tires at highway speed, and it's a Dodge so it should be loud.

I've heard good things about the kumhos, they are quiet and smooth. As for the M16, i've never had a swamper/known anyone whos had a swamper that was decent on the highway.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone know of any websites that still have the mtz atz in the 15.50.'s?I know they were discontinuing them and selling them cheap at one point but now I can't find any....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
theres a guy right now sellin a used set of mud crapplers for 100 in the size you want. i gave my set away if that tells you something.
for 100 I would be willing to try a set ....... I have had iroks bias swampers and terra grapplers.im looking for something that loos semi aggressive

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
I had the Kumho 35's and really liked them. Great traction, deep treads, looked good and got a good price to boot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts