GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some 285/75/16 put on my Z71 and I was wondering what tire pressure I should be at for front and rear. I ran like 36 or something as recommended by the door sticker on the 265/75/16s, but that will not work on these obviously.

When they got installed at Hibdons, they put like 50psi in the tires. That doesn't seem right to me, especially on the rear. The wear is greater on the center of the tire than the edges. It seems okay on the front, but there is the added weight of the engine obviously.

Anyway, could some of you experts let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Or if there is some type of formula? Hell I don't know.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I was told at my tire place to keep the rears at a lower PSI than the fronts (simply for the reason you stated: less weight in the rear). I'm not sure however what pressure you should roll with on your tires. Hell, I can't even remember the PSI from my old truck, and I haven't checked my new one. Sorry.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Drop them down to 8 psi, you'll hook up better than a flat paddle tire in the sand :lol:

Your tire is basically a 33. Most people run 33's in the 32-35 psi range. Make sure you measure this with cold tires (haven't been driven on in two hours or more). And yes, i would keep the backs 2-3 psi lower than the fronts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts