GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fiberglassing Guru
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are wanting to put aftermarket 20"s on our escalade, however it is equipped with the tire pressure sensor system, and sensors in the fatcory wheel. If I get 20"s how does this system work and is it possible to disable it so I dont have to buy sensors for the 20"s? Thanks!

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
you will have to either swap your sensors from your existing wheels or buy new ones. You cant disable the TPMS as far as I know.. It was all mandated by insurance companies.

·
Fiberglassing Guru
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know of a cheap source then for some sensors?

·
Banned
70 Posts

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
there's OEM ones all over ebay. Since I have chrome wheels I got esky takeoffs instead (silver as opposed to black) they work fine :shrug:

·
Fiberglassing Guru
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya thats what I paid last time mine got broke.. I am looking cheaper than that

·
OG
1,498 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-GMC-TPMS-TIRE-PRESSURE-SENSORS-07-08-25920615_W0QQitemZ190296164058QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item190296164058&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I see someone mentioned broken tire sensors. How did you know they were broken? My damn TPMS keep showing "CHECK TIRE PRESSURE" on my DIC :flame:

It's been like this for over 4 years and I've tried everything to get rid of this message. I've done all the tips and tricks and nothing. I am convinced one of the techs broke a TPMS sensor when installing the wheels over 4 years ago.

It gets real old with that message every time I start the Tahoe.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
All you need is the OEM valve stems and you can swap the ones out of the factory wheel and put them on the new one. You dont need to buy new sensors, just new valve stems because they will break when you take off the sensor on the factory wheel.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
yup...and valve stems for the TPMS are $10ea...and they charge about $10ea to swap sensors.....thats what I charge for 4 new sensors and stems shipped....easier to sell takeoff wheels/tires if you leave the tpms with them...imo :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts