GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 vortecmax crew cab ltz 4x4 drove it a month and no problems.
Then tinted windows and still no problems next came a leveling kit and some 305-55-20 nitto load range E terra grapplers 4 days after tires went on it all started. DIC said service tire pressure system all tires were reading -- and keyless entry quit working. Dealer replaced some thing called door control mod. Everthing was fine for maybe 2 months then service tire pressure system again this time two of the tires were reading -- back to the dealer were i was told it was because they were load range e tires that was causing the problem. At the time they had a new crewcab with a leveling kit and oversized tires also load range e all dealer installed so i asked how is this really possible no answer. since that visit i have had the factory navi and bose all removed and after market equipment installed by others now 2 months later SERVICE TIRE PRESSURE SYSTEM and two of the tires are reading -- this time im told its because of my aftermarket tires,radio,and window tint.
Can anyone out there tell me what the hell is going on?

Sorry left out that they are my factory 20's

·
GMFS USAF Member
258 Posts
WTF Would window tint have to do with anything. Radio maybe just maybe incase of bad wiring but i doubt it.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Its not your tint. If you think it is your a idiot. Dont believe them. Your going to need new sensors then. I bet they messed them up putting the new tires on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
every time i do they give me some new line of bullshit. The last time i had it in there i told them this is there way of telling me they have no clue. I have added custom touches to every truck i have owned and never have they said any stupid shit about window tint or tires or stereo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If my sensors where damaged wouldnt they either work or not. It wouldnt be intermitted like this would it?

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
how much pressure are you running in the tires?

I believe the sensors may throw a fault if there's too much pressure in the tire. Even though they're load range E, you shouldn't run them at 50+ PSI... try bringing them down to 35 PSI if you have them set to max and reset them per the procedure in the owners manual.

(btw: my load range E tires are set to 33 PSI, any higher and i dont have an even contact patch; only the center 2 treads will touch)

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Have you tried to reset the sensors yourself?...it tells you how in the owners manual and only takes about 5min

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how much pressure are you running in the tires?

I believe the sensors may throw a fault if there's too much pressure in the tire. Even though they're load range E, you shouldn't run them at 50+ PSI... try bringing them down to 35 PSI if you have them set to max and reset them per the procedure in the owners manual.

(btw: my load range E tires are set to 33 PSI, any higher and i dont have an even contact patch; only the center 2 treads will touch)
Im running 33 to 35 in them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you tried to reset the sensors yourself?...it tells you how in the owners manual and only takes about 5min
no i have not tried this.
are you talking about relearning them? If so i thought this was just for after they were rotated.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
I would try it anyways.
Takes you 5 minutes and doesn't cost you anything. Might be a quick easy fix ya know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts