GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used set of wheels/tires. 20x9 & 35/12.5/20 toyo mt's.

I need 2 tires. I've been all over the net looking at prices. I've also learned that my toyos are usually the more expensive brand, except for BFG and Goodyear.

Holy shit tires stupid expensive. Lol I have no idea how you young dudes afford those 22" or 24" wheel size tires much less the wheels. And Now I understand why some guys run the Federals. Maybe I'll ditch the 35's and run 33's.

Any of you guys heard of the Lexani offroad tires?

·
dot com
136 Posts
Ya I'm not looking forward to replacing my Toyos soon (going up to 35x12.50x20) but gotta pay to play. On my Toyota project I paid more for the wheels than I did the truck haha. To me though wheels are a big part of the overall look and feel so don't skimp out too much.

I've been considering Atturo Trail Blade tires for my next replacements. They have a similar design to Toyo but they're lighter and little more inexpensive. The reviews I've found so far have been good, except it doesn't seem like there's many people that have had them for very long. http://rimzoneonline.com/atturo-trail-blade-m-t-35x12-50r20.html

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
make friends with someone at a dealership... they get tires dirt cheap.. and give them an extra $50 mount and balance them..

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's always been cheaper for me to buy my tires locally instead of online. (One of the only few things that way). Maybe it's just my area.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It's always been cheaper for me to buy my tires locally instead of online. (One of the only few things that way). Maybe it's just my area.

I have heard this. Look for free shipping online. Lots of places advertise cheap then charge out the ass for shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Me too. Small tire shop up the road has unbeatable prices.

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot about the hookup factor. I have a bud that's one of the higher ups at a Ford Dealer. I'll have to look him up again.

Oh, and thanks to you guys I now feel the need to run 20X12 black 962's with my 35's on my 7.5 RCX. lol I'm going to try a set of those Lexani mud beasts. First off I gotta sell my 2 toyo's.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Won't fit how? I was also interested in doing 20x12s on 35s

I thought you were going pre-runner with it?

OP.. MT tire prices are high.. 35x12.50 will fit just fine on a 20x12. Whether they fit the truck (enough lift?) or not, is another story..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just read that the 20X12's won't fit.
Are you saying won't fit with the lift or that 20x12's and 35's wont work... I'm assuming you mean the setup wont work with the amount of lift. If so, it would definitely take some fender.... persuasion lol. I have 35's with the RCX 7.5" on stock GMC 20's and they rub occasionally(in reverse, at full lock on incline/decline etc...) I haven't done any trimming at all though.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
It can fit them if you're not afraid to trim, it's been done many times before.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts