GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok have a choice to make, seeing if anyone had any opinions. Looking between remington mud brutes, pro comp mud terrians, and Maxxis buckshots. Any thoughts??? Looking to but a 3 inch body lift and torsion crank on a 2006 tahoe... 305's would work right? Any info on how bad MPG will be :jawdrop:? Thanks for all the info. THANKS.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
you'll lose 1-3mpg depending on gear ratio. I would go with the pro comps bc i like sidewall tread but any of those will be cheap and give you a more aggressive look

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
buckshots are cheap but have no sidewall, you wont see a set on my truck :imo

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
i have 33x12.50x17 mud terrains, get about 13mpg around town with 3.42 gears. however, truck is in shop today getting 4.56 to get ready for bigger tires and lift

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a set of buckshots (285/70/17) on my truck right now. No complaints so far. For the price you really can't beat them, 150 apiece instead of 200 for the pro comps. the buckshots work well in the mud. Also, My buddy has pro comp mud terrains on his jeep and they seemed to wear really fast for 33/12.50/15 on a light jeep.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
get whatever is cheapest they all look about the same

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
buckshots:imo but its just pissin in the wind for a mudd tires swampers is the way to go

mudd brutes= poo

pro comp are a hit or miss sometimes they are personal prefference

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Maybe check out the Maxxis Bighorns? They look much better than your typical mud terrain :imo . Just get whatever is cheapest.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
All mud terrains will perform the same. Get the cheapest one or whichever you trhink looks the same. If you want performance look into interco tires. If not performance look for a gaydial tire that will suit your needs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx for the opinions. Sound like cheapest is the biggest factor. Maxxis Buckshots may be the winner. I know i could do either 305 or 285 but I think i have to do the 305 reguardless of mpg. thx

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
My truck 305/70/17 maxxis buckshots. TB crank no rubbage. I get about 13-14ish in town 15-16 highways

100_0456.jpg

100_0459.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx for the opinions. Sound like cheapest is the biggest factor. Maxxis Buckshots may be the winner. I know i could do either 305 or 285 but I think i have to do the 305 reguardless of mpg. thx

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Depending if your keepin your stock wheels or not, you can run 35's (315's) instead of 33's (305's) if your really wanted to. But, if you don't plan on changing gears and drive everyday, you will thank the 33's for your gas mileage. Anywho, here's a couple pics of Tahoes I have, one with 33's and one with 35's...both have BL's w/ some crankin. Both look great :imo

BL, Crank, 315's on stock wheels
03TahoeBLon35s.jpg

BL, Crank, 33's on 18's
03TahoeBLon33s18s.jpg

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
305's are 34's of you got 17" rims :crazy:

·
4,725 Posts
Just drive to Interco and get the non directional IROK imo.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
non directional iroks only come in 16" rims JSYGK. I wanted to get them but i have 17" rims

1 - 20 of 20 Posts