GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have a 96 Z71 front bars are cranked all the way and there is a mild block and leaf in the rear. IM going to be runnin a set of 16x9 wheels ... now as for tires im looking at Superswamper LTB 33x13.5x16.

Will these clear on my truck ? All the research I was looking at says they will with trimming the front valance but i was curious if anyone else has run a similar setup.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
they ought to fit, but the width may mess it up. if it were me id get the 34x10.5 ltbs on stock rims

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
They should fit with some trimming. My buddy runs 33x12.50s on 15x10's with 4" BS on his OBS. He did take off his front valance though too. I guess depending on the offset and backspacing of the wheels your getting will depend how much you'll need to trim to fit the 13.50's

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Wider wheels/tires require either more lift or more trimming to clear them

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I run 33x13.5x15 LTB's on 15x8s with cranked level with 3" block out back and a 1" body lift. They rub and they rub hard wheeling.

Also if these tires are for a Daily Driver i would advise against the LTB's, they are soft and wear fast.

9,778 Posts
Stock rims with 34x10.50 would fit for sure...wider rims and tires might rub.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my new wheels are 16x9 with a -12 offset 4.25 back spacing ill take any other recommendations for a tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts