GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for new wheels and tires for months now and I've narrowed it down to a couple possibilities. Wondering what your reviews are on them and if you have a NBS with these tires on em, can you post em for me? I'm looking for 285/70/17

- Kelly Safari TSR
- Fierce Attitude
- Hankook Dynapro
- Buckshot Mudders

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
292 Posts
My buddy put the fierce attitudes on. They look good and pull good. Ride quality is decent for a mud tire. Tread life wasn't to bad either. Same for the buckshots. Haven't rode on or seen the others in person so can't comment on them. I must also say that the cooper stt are a damn good tire for the price not to be overlooked.I like bfg MT the best though but that's just me.

·
GMFS Member
20 Posts
My brother had both the kelly safari and the hankook dynapros. the kellys were great tires and lasted a long time, the dynapros were complete garbage though. Would not run those hankook tires based on what I saw on my brother's truck.

My brother and I have both had sets of Buckshot's, they were decent tires. I had no complaints with them.

·
GMFS Member
20 Posts
Looks like it depends on the truck itself as to how the tires will perform. The truck my brother had them on was a 3500 flatbed. I mean they dug pretty good but were worn out within 15-20,000 miles. No alignment issues either.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The Kellys are good, and the Hankooks are good as well. Picked up a set to use as a winter tire in that exact size. Should be mounting them here in the next month or so. My dad has the Hankooks on his 96 K2500 and they have been great. Granted he doesn't do a ton of mileage but he has 3 winters on them I think (this will be the 4th) and they still look new with the nubs barely worn off. His sucess with them is why I picked up a set.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like the Buckshots because they are decently priced and I'm working on a student budget but all the pictures of em on trucks, they don't look aggressive. So I guess I'm asking do they look more aggressive in person because that's what I'm going for. I want a wider stance. Right now the truck is at stock height and will be when I get the tires put on. I want something that fits good now but fits great once I put the full leveling kit on the truck.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I really like the Buckshots because they are decently priced and I'm working on a student budget but all the pictures of em on trucks, they don't look aggressive. So I guess I'm asking do they look more aggressive in person because that's what I'm going for. I want a wider stance. Right now the truck is at stock height and will be when I get the tires put on. I want something that fits good now but fits great once I put the full leveling kit on the truck.
If that's what you are looking for then I would go with the Kellys or Fierce. The Hankooks are just an A/T.

EDIT: Just realized I think you were talking about the Dynapro MTs and not the ATMs. I haven't heard anything bad about the Dynapro MTs. As mentioned before, the Cooper STT are also great.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I just put Dynapros on my woman's Liberty. They ride smooth and have raise white letter. :favorites37:

·
2002 ECSB 4x4
104 Posts
I have a friend with the buckshots and he hates them. They wore out really fast. Out of the list you posted i would go with the Kelly's or like 06GMC posted above i would look into the Coopers.

And dont even think about the Couragia's... i had them on a set of 20's and they was the worst riding tire ive ever had on a vehicle.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Yup Had Safari TSR's on my old OBS Diesel and they were Great! Wish they made them for 20's.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
of the tires you listed, the ONLY tires i would ever even think about running is the hankook dynapros. those other tires are complete garbage. tread dept siping is non existent will guarantee some terrible traction in wet weather.

i would HIGHLY consider the nitto terra grapplers. they won't be getting you through too many "mud bogs" but they are extremely practical, long lasting, ride amazing, and great traction on the street under wet and dry conditions. in a 285/70/17 they offer them in a P-metric and an LT flavor. i recommend the P-metric for a 1500 as it will make the ride much better and the price is better on them as well. Some other brands with decent all terrains are toyo, cooper, some of the goodyears, and some yokohomas. buckshot mudders have got to be the #1 worst tire ever made. i wouldn't put those tires on my truck if someone paid me to.

and in case your wondering where i get all this information, i'm a current employee of discount tire with over 5 years of experience, so i have an idea what i'm talking about. don't go by "well my brothers grandmother had this tire and it was great/sucked!" because who the hell knows how they kept up with the tires and whether or not it was a proper fitment.

quote my post if you have any questions so i can respond.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Duratracs are a good one also. I have them and I like them a lot. I drive 50 highway miles a day and no issues. They are pricey as well though. Also I mud the shit out of them and they preform very very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
of the tires you listed, the ONLY tires i would ever even think about running is the hankook dynapros. those other tires are complete garbage. tread dept siping is non existent will guarantee some terrible traction in wet weather.

i would HIGHLY consider the nitto terra grapplers. they won't be getting you through too many "mud bogs" but they are extremely practical, long lasting, ride amazing, and great traction on the street under wet and dry conditions. in a 285/70/17 they offer them in a P-metric and an LT flavor. i recommend the P-metric for a 1500 as it will make the ride much better and the price is better on them as well. Some other brands with decent all terrains are toyo, cooper, some of the goodyears, and some yokohomas. buckshot mudders have got to be the #1 worst tire ever made. i wouldn't put those tires on my truck if someone paid me to.

and in case your wondering where i get all this information, i'm a current employee of discount tire with over 5 years of experience, so i have an idea what i'm talking about. don't go by "well my brothers grandmother had this tire and it was great/sucked!" because who the hell knows how they kept up with the tires and whether or not it was a proper fitment.

quote my post if you have any questions so i can respond.
Siping on the Dynapro MT is pretty much non-existant as well. The Terra Graps are good, but from personal experience, I think I would go with the Dynapro ATM over the Nittos.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For the people who said they ran "such and such" tire on their truck, do you mind posting up a picture with specs? Id really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts