which would you go with?

• Wait for the MTRS

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a set of 37 x 12.50 MTRs over a month ago, and due to a national backorder, i still havent recieved them yet. so i'm thinking about going with a different tire. should i hold out for my MTRs, or ask for my deposit back and order something else. i'm also looking at Toyo Open Country M/Ts (37 x 13.50) and Cooper Discoverer STTs (37 x 12.50). if you were in my shoes which would you go with? keep in mind, i want a fairly road friendly tire, as i plan on driving the truck alot, and playing with it only occasionally. i've even tossed around the idea of a set of swampers for playing.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, tires MUST be 36-37" tall (for my 5.13s) and must fit my 17" DC-1s

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
toyos or cooper almost the same.:imo

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
i have no useful input in this situation/Swampers or DIE! You get the picture!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I Love my coopers, probly the best tire i have ever seen, works great in sand, mud, snow, street. Its a aswome tire, wears great have about 8k on my set, still have the little nipple things popping up. They are cheaper then the toyos and look very simular. Between toyos and Cooper go couper cheaper and about the same quality.

9,803 Posts
The coopers and Toyo's are VERY similar and I know for a fact that the Toyo's are some of the best riding MT's on the market...they are amazingly quiet and VERY VERY smooth good riding tires.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The new Cooper STT is VERY similiar to the Toyo. It is also said to be very quiet on the road for a mud tire. I talked to the guys in the Cooper Service Center in Findlay, OH and they said they're not much louder than the Cooper ST. BTW, my bro-in-law builds Cooper tires there in Findlay. I went with Dick Cepek F-C II. They make just a slight hum on the interstate. It's not an issue at all, even for a 38 year old.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Matt and i Agree tottally on this subject. I hate MTR's chopped tread, obnoxious sound from them. etc sucks in mud

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
i say coopers they look like they would do better than toyos

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have a set of MTRs and I love them.. Yeah they are a little loud on the highway but they haven't given me any kind of problems. But I still voted for the coopers.

·
4,725 Posts
You need MT/R's. You're a ()

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, i found a tire sho about 20 mi from here that has a set of Toyos in stock, for less than anyone local will sell me a set of Coopers for, and they'd have to order the Coopers. the shop i ordered the MTRs though (and has my $300 deposit) is checking to see if they can get the Coopers, or the Toyos. if they can match the price of the Toyos with either tire, i'll go that route. if not, come Saturday, im going to pick up the Toyos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts