GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 18's on my 02 Silverado, tires are currently 285 60 18's and I have heard i'd have rubbing issues up front for a 2/4 drop. I plan on chainging to Toyo Proxes, would 255 55 18's work and look right?

Thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
02Sleeper said:
I have 18's on my 02 Silverado, tires are currently 285 60 18's and I have heard i'd have rubbing issues up front for a 2/4 drop. I plan on chainging to Toyo Proxes, would 255 55 18's work and look right?

Thanks
I'm running 255/55's on mine. W/ 2/4 drop/ No clearance issues with a 8" rim with 5" bs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
295/45/18's would look good

·
Registered
61 Posts
Alwhite00 said:
I'm running 255/55's on mine. W/ 2/4 drop/ No clearance issues with a 8" rim with 5" bs.
Alwhite00, can you tell me your suspension setup? Your truck sits exactly the way I want mine to look. I just want to close down the wheel gap and yours looks perfect to me!

Do you have any ride/handling issues?

I've been considering the Hotchkis 2/4 through TByrne. It's coils and replacement leafs. If I got this wouldn't I still want to replace the shocks for a better ride?

Here's a pic of my new truck ... I think it looks higher to me than other stock trucks I've seen but that may be my imagination. It has 20" wheels with 275/55 Goodyears. Actually, the site won't let me attach the pic because I already have the same pic in the Introduction section under my "New Guy" thread.

Any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alwhite00, did you change out your bump stops and if you don't mind me aking what shocks are you using?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Blown 96 WS6 said:
Alwhite00, can you tell me your suspension setup? Your truck sits exactly the way I want mine to look. I just want to close down the wheel gap and yours looks perfect to me!

Do you have any ride/handling issues?

I've been considering the Hotchkis 2/4 through TByrne. It's coils and replacement leafs. If I got this wouldn't I still want to replace the shocks for a better ride?

Here's a pic of my new truck ... I think it looks higher to me than other stock trucks I've seen but that may be my imagination. It has 20" wheels with 275/55 Goodyears. Actually, the site won't let me attach the pic because I already have the same pic in the Introduction section under my "New Guy" thread.

Any advise is appreciated.
I'm running a Shackle / Hanger in the rear and my "world famous" 2" lowered control arms up front. Rides and handles as good as stock, Seems to corner flatter. That is till the rear bottoms out on the bump stoms (1" Pancake) I'm working on a C-notch setup as we speak to take care of that issue. (I know some guys don't have issues with that drop but I do)
Stock shocks for now, I'm thinking of putting air shocks in the rear because it is perfectly level the way it sits and if you put 50 lbs. in the back it looks like a taildrager.
Thanks for the compliments.

LK

·
Registered
61 Posts
Alwhite00 said:
I'm running a Shackle / Hanger in the rear and my "world famous" 2" lowered control arms up front. Rides and handles as good as stock, Seems to corner flatter. That is till the rear bottoms out on the bump stoms (1" Pancake) I'm working on a C-notch setup as we speak to take care of that issue. (I know some guys don't have issues with that drop but I do)
Stock shocks for now, I'm thinking of putting air shocks in the rear because it is perfectly level the way it sits and if you put 50 lbs. in the back it looks like a taildrager.
Thanks for the compliments.

LK
Well, I just ordered a DJM kit through StylinConcepts which includes 2" lower control arms and a hanger/shackel rear setup for a 4" drop so, hopefully, I should look about the same (fingers crossed). I also ordered a set of Toxic shocks but I forgot to order replacement bumpstops, DOUGH! Oh well, I'll order them tomorrow. They said I should have everything by next Friday at the latest so maybe I'll get to install it next weekend!!!

I'll show it off when I get it done.

Thanks for the input.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts