GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the bagged guys out there, I have a simple question. I'm currently in the works of bagging my truck as soon as I get back to the U.S. I'm getting rid of the 24s and going to a 22" wheel and tire combo. The wheels will be 9" wide with a +32 offset. My question is what is the best tire size to go with. I'm looking at the 265/35 and the 285/35. I know there i not much difference between the two, but was looking for the most tire and still be able to tuck. This is my daily and the roads in Hampton Roads are not the best. I also make long trips a few times a year. Look for the pros and cons from those who have used these sizes. I will be ordering these in the next few days, just looking for some feedback before I wipe my card. Thanks.

Note this will be on the truck in my sig

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
My truck lays frame with 285/35/22's. I had 265's but I kept on bending rims because the roads in NY are horrible. You'll have to do a big notch out back, new inner fenders, firewall trim, etc. Every truck is different though.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
I ran 265/40 for a while up front but it rubs the firewall pretty good. Needs a tub. I have 265/35 now with no problems.

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
god i run a 255/30/22, im nuts...

but i also still have factory wheel wells

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
my tahoe had 265/30s on it...they are pretty small compared to 265/35 but rode pretty good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts