GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a 305/70R16 equals out to a 32.8x12.00 actual size, the ones im lookin at say they are 32.1x12.4. Now having that said, the suggested rim width is 9", and they would be going on an 8" rim, so would that make them a little taller and skinnier than the projected measurements? What are yalls best guess as to how tall they would be mounted on a 16x8 rim? Also, do you think these would be the best fit on a NBS w/ a 3in body lift? Or would you be able to take the plunge straight to a 315s w/ a little cranking?

Keep in mind, the truck probly will never be off pavement, cept for a few gravel roads. Also, what about 295/75R16?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I run a 33x12.50 on a 15x8. i know mine are not true 12.50s but they are atleast 11" wide. They look good IMO on my rims,don't bulge out too much, but not too little either. They are on wide enough rims to wear evenly with about 30 PSI. Its possible to fit 315s on a 3" BL and some cranking and trimming. I wouldn't want to run that combination, but since its gonna be a pavement pounder mostly, it should be fine. 295s might be the best tire size in all reality for your application tho, the only bad thing is that the tire selection for this size is very limited. If you REALLY want to run big tires, get the 315s, trim some, crank some, and that should do it, but you might be happier with a 295/75 or 305/70. I am pretty sure that BFG A/Ts come in 295s, so if you were thinking about an A/T, that would be my personal choice for this application, since its a slightly taller tire, and the A/Ts have been known to last a long time, and do very good in all conditions pretty much.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just run some 315s on a 16x8. I have a 3inch body lift, ford keys, and blocks.

Here is a pic right after I painted the frame.

DSC00598.jpg

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what size blocks did you use in the back? Dont the NBS come w/ a factory 2in?

Thanks for the pic, truck looks great! :head:

woops, nevermind, see the 3in block in your sig. what is your fender height right now? and if you would, could you take a measurement of your tire height as mounted on the truck, thanks a bunch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts