GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pickup a set of 22x10 replicas in a day or so. I'm going to install my 2" rear shackles tomorrow, so just wondering what tire size I can run without rubbing. Will I need any spacers? And what tires are everyone going with? Looking for something that rides nice and will last. Thanks guys.

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but i'm not looking for off road tires. From what I've read, my choices are between 285/40/22, 305/40/22, and 305/45/22. I'm kinda leaning toward the 305/45/22 just to have a little beefier tire, but idk if those would look bad being a little thicker. I just want to make sure there's no rubbing, and want to find a set that will last.

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or does anyone make a 285/45/22? Never bought tires for bigger than 20" rims, so I just want to do it right.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Lots of companies make a 285/45, that's what I have on mine.

I saw a truck with 305/45 the other day but it looked levelled in the front. Looked good, you knew it was a big tire.

The offset of your wheels will have a big role in whether or not a tire size fits (i.e., doesn't rub). If you're getting a replica of a GM wheel, then you should be okay.

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lots of companies make a 285/45, that's what I have on mine.
I meant to say 285/40, but in the end I think I will be happer with the 45, just because I tow every now and then and occationally drive offroad, so a little extra beef on the tire wouldnt hurt. Are you running 22's or 20's? And what tire?

I'm looking at the Continental ContiCrossContact LX and Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Heard anything about either of those?

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I feel like you need to be lowered a lot more to make a 285/40 look right. Too much fender gap and the tires look really small.

I've got Yokohama Parada Spec-X in 285/45R22, I like them a lot; smooth, grippy and responsive and the tread pattern looks aggressive. They're a street/sport tire though, I wouldn't take them mudding obviously.

Haven't heard anything about the continentals, but a lot of good reviews on the alenzas. That's the tire you get with GM 22" wheels. When the goodyears wear out on my stock 20s I was thinking of getting them next.

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hows the life with those yokohamas? Life is really my main concern. I HATE replacing tires. I'd rather spend more money on tires that will last than something that just looks good.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
The treadwear rating on them is 420, pretty standard for street/sport tires, and compared to the stock goodyear LS-2s' treadwear rating of 360, they're a harder compound and should last longer. I've only driven on them for one summer, and they still look brand new, but my truck's far from a DD, but I really think they (or any other 420 treadwear tire) will last you a long time. The stock goodyears are already wearing on mine.

·
GMFS Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea thats what I read, but sometimes what you read and what is reality dont always add up. I need to call a local tire shop and just ask what they recommend between the Continental, Bridgestone, and Yokohama. Continental and Bridgestone have 600+ tread rating, so we'll see what they say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts