GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok if I ran 285/75/r16's (which are 33" tires if I'm not mistaken) on some 16x8" wheels and lift my truck 6" would it look bad, wrong, stupid, or what?
I believe that if i get 285's, which are only two sizes bigger than stock(I called a dealer and they said that I can go 2 sizes over foctory size) than I can lift my truck without voiding the powertrain warranty. Because the lift would only void the suspension warranty and the 35" tires are what void my powertain warranty right?

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
No it wont look bad at all. Ive seen many trucks around here with 6" suspension and 33" tires. Looks good. Plus you wont have to worry about rubbin as a pose to having 35" tires. Heres a pick:

This truck has a 6" RCD lift on 16x8" A/R Baja wheels and 33" A/T tires.

MotoHead

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Since you can run a 285/75, you should be able to run a 305/70 since theyre the same height. If I wanted a 6 inch lift and wanted to keep a 33" tire, I'd run a 16x10 and a 305/70 on a Rancho or RCD :bowtie:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna do a pro comp or a CST and I will put 35's on after the warranty is out, so I'm planing on the 35's in the future.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Silverado said:
I'm gonna do a pro comp or a CST and I will put 35's on after the warranty is out, so I'm planing on the 35's in the future.
That's a good plan... I'd still go with the 305's on whatever size rim you plan on running. They're the same height as the 285's, just an inch wider :head:

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea dont put 285's on a 6" truck, I had to roll like that for about a month and it was gaaaaay, made the truck look like a puss. You gotta get some wider tires than that. Put some 305/70/16's and youll be lookin good. Plus youll be much happier, take my word for it. BTW I have some pics of my truck on 285's on my page, but i dont think there are any shots from the front or rear, thats where it looks kinda stupid. But if you would be happy with that, do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts