GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 z-71, and it is factory height... I just bought this truck, and I will be needing to put some tires on it soon. I want a tire that will look good, and perfrom well. I was thinking 33's but I am worrying about it rubbing, and being to much for the stock height... If any one could give me some suggestions in sizes, and actual tires they would recommend it would be great... Thanks in advance

Seth

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
285s with a crank to level

You want tires for off road all street or what

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
285/75/16
what kind of performance are you looking for? road manners? offroad capability?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be moving back to Louisiana when I am done with this deployment, and I will need my truck to get to diffeerent job sites via hwy, then I will need it to get me to the off road places that I will have to work... It will be seeing areas around New Iberia, and Cameron Parish, so I need a tire good for both on, and off road...

Seth

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
IMO get either a buckshot or mud brutes seth, brutes run short but both tires are cheap and do well for a highway/ mall terrain.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.... So on average what is the price for these Buckshots, and mud brutes in a 285/75/16 size? I was looking at the ProComp X-tream All Terain tires... I have found them for $227 a tire... What do you think about them, and the price verses the others?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.... So on average what is the price for these Buckshots, and mud brutes in a 285/75/16 size? I was looking at the ProComp X-tream All Terain tires... I have found them for $227 a tire... What do you think about them, and the price verses the others?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
I will be moving back to Louisiana when I am done with this deployment, and I will need my truck to get to diffeerent job sites via hwy, then I will need it to get me to the off road places that I will have to work... It will be seeing areas around New Iberia, and Cameron Parish, so I need a tire good for both on, and off road...

Seth
New Iberia eh I live there

Like marcus said buckshots in that size can be had for about 600 mounted give or take

mud brutes may be cheaper

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
call this number to target tire in port barre. 337-585-6050 ask to talk to dannie maddie, tell him marcus sent you, for a price on tires.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
call this number to target tire in port barre. 337-585-6050 ask to talk to dannie maddie, tell him marcus sent you, for a price on tires.
Does he sell swampers

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Does he sell swampers
everyone will tell you daniel, if you want swamper go to interco because they are the cheapest. all the local tire shops tell me that...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Marcus, I will get with you when I get home, and we will have a few beers, and figure out what I will do with this truck... I will need you, and Brileys help because I am new to these trucks, and I will also be there to help you guys with what ever... Get at me when you have a min...

Seth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts