GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know that everyone has posted this before but i have read and im still confused...
I have a 4x4 silveraod classic 07, I want to just lower the rear 3inches so its good and level but i wnat to stuff the wells with as wide as i can go. I hvae seen on this site many hoes with like 305's but im looking at my stock tires and thinking ot myself going its going to rub.... I really want a wide tire to get the aggressive look, but dotn want to buy them and have to lift it.... any ideas.. thanxs Will....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Why don't you just crank your tbars so you can fit the bigger tires? Although if you stay with stock wheels you can only fit like 285s when you crank.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Why don't you just crank your tbars so you can fit the bigger tires? Although if you stay with stock wheels you can only fit like 285s when you crank.

Cranking T Bars is the stupidest thing ever. Unless you want your truck to ride like shit on purpose. :rofl2:

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Many people on this site have cranked their bars. Hell, twotone had 35s on his Dmax with his bars cranked to the max with green keys and "minor" trimming.

·
Registered
356 Posts
IDK, Cranking a little bit is fine, but when people crank then to the point where they have pretty much no flex... yuck.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
With a minor crank your truck will be level and you can fit 285s on stock wheels. It looks good. One of the best looking trucks on this site that isn't complete custom/ all out modified is Endo's Sierra. His has Z71 Tahoe wheels with 285s and it is SICK!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
With a minor crank your truck will be level and you can fit 285s on stock wheels. It looks good. One of the best looking trucks on this site that isn't complete custom/ all out modified is Endo's Sierra. His has Z71 Tahoe wheels with 285s and it is SICK!!!
Ohh i completely believe you, I'm just saying that in my experience, tbar cranking wasn't a good move.

·
deel'n wif it
581 Posts
what size 305s are you asking about?
most Tahoes run 305s on 22 inch rim with a small drop
are you talking about 305-70-16 or just a 305 width tire:read:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think 305-45-22's, I dont remeber his name but he has a 01 tahoe i think with 22's 305 45 22.. SS front bumper smooths rear vents and roll pan with dark blue paint and ram air hood ... i iwll try to find him.. jennabear has 305/50/20 and it appears not lifted.. i would perfer not cranking i really need to drop the fronta bout 1/2 to 9/16 to be perfectly level..lol soemtimes it appear like it goin up hill lol

·
deel'n wif it
581 Posts
if you get 22s go with 305-45-22 but watch your offset, too much and tires might rub in the front. I not an expert on this stuff but I think they make some wheels to tuck on lowered applications, and with less backspace to bring the wheel out even with the fender on stock height applications

1 - 13 of 13 Posts