GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm starting to look into my drop. But dalton seems to think there may be a problem with the tires I am running right now. They are 285/50/20, and he thinks they may rub if I do a 4/7 drop. What sizes are you running, and what drop? Are you having in problems with it or not?
Thanks for the help,

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Nope not up front or out back. Ground Force coils and Mcgaughys spindles. But I'm 4/6.

Do 335 40 15's with gold spokes :imo

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Ok, I'm starting to look into my drop. But dalton seems to think there may be a problem with the tires I am running right now. They are 285/50/20, and he thinks they may rub if I do a 4/7 drop. What sizes are you running, and what drop? Are you having in problems with it or not?
Thanks for the help,
WTF, just drop it already.

your wasting time with these threads, stop buying time and buy parts.. :crazy:

you'll be fine.

i have 275/45/22 on a 4" drop, JB has 285/45/22 on a 4" drop. he doesn't rub
and i rub only at full lock at times BUT i'm on a 10" wheel.

you will have no problems since you have 20" and probably 8.5" wheel.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dont be coming in here bashing fuckers!!!:ninja: I'm just asking questions and making sure it will be ok. I still have time to waste since I dont have money for it either Rmando so everybody take a couple of these :chillpill:chillpill and just sit back relax.

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Dont be coming in here bashing fuckers!!!:ninja: I'm just asking questions and making sure it will be ok. I still have time to waste since I dont have money for it either Rmando so everybody take a couple of these :chillpill:chillpill and just sit back relax.
lol just fucking with you as always. :crazy:

go buff some cars to get cash for drop kit. :shake:

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
I would run a 325 50 20 that should give you some extra ground clearance but you might have to look into a leveling kit

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Keep the overall diameter under 30.5" and you should be fine as long as your wheels have the proper offset.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep the overall diameter under 30.5" and you should be fine as long as your wheels have the proper offset.
What size am I now then? The offset is +18:uhoh:

Size -----Bolt Pattern -------------- Offset ------- Backspace
20x8.5 ----- 6/5.5 -----------------+18mm----------5 1/2"

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
We require at least +30mm of offset ? And I run a 275/55/20 and I'm replacing with a 275/45/20 have a 4-7 drop and I'm going to 6-8 drop.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I ran 275/55/20 at 4/7 and 5/7 and didnt have any problems, thats a 31.9" tire. My 22's are 32" and I clear just fine. I like to decrease fender gap, not ground clearance so much. Doesnt make sense to me to lower your truck, then put small dia tires on it and have the same huge fendergap you had to start with....diminished return :imo

With that being said....your biggest issue is gonna be the offset, just do a 3/6.

100_0768.gif

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
That's always an option. Get the air shocks and air em up to 6 out back and do a 1" belltech coil.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I knew it, :nono: there is always something that gets over looked. I'm glad I asked now. Maybe I can trade daltons dad for the silver ss wheels:hmm:

1 - 20 of 263 Posts