GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very tired of polishing my wheels by hand

Are there any small cordless polishers I could use?

Is there like an attachment I can put on a cordless drill to polish my wheels and get in the knoocks and crannies?

maybe even a dremel w/an attachment?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Where did you find them? I just spent the last hour polishing up my wheels.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
dude - just cover them in mud. Thats what I do :grin:

Serisouly though Ive polished mine once and it took forever, ill do it again when I try to sell them. They look awsome polished but are dirty again in like 3 days. Just not worth it to me.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
01GMC said:
Sears has them out the ying yang.

:word: I have seen them at Sears before.

I say throw um in the Dremel and go to town LOL.. But I like DE's Idea the best:head:

BD

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i got a car high speed polisher. It works pretty well, but i can't really get into the small areas. I polish mine maybe twice a month and they usually out bling chrome.

but if ur really that tired of doing it, get them cleared. They'll be just like chrome then

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
I took a buffing pad made for a drill and went to town, I couldnt get the small holes, and I wasted alot of compound, but they shine like hell, and it took like 20 minutes for all 4.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
BigBubbaBD said:
:word: I have seen them at Sears before.

I say throw um in the Dremel and go to town LOL.. But I like DE's Idea the best:head:

BD

:word: thats what I do. Mine havb't been polished in a year. hopefuly my next wheels will be black beadlocks...then all i'll ahve to do is wash them :anitoof:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
01GMC said:
Using a Dremel will burn the billet wheels it is too high of RPM's.

Go to sears they have drill bits wiht a small cone or ball on the end .. you can get in the smallest space you can think of ... put it on the end of a drill or a air wrench .. and you good.
Is there anything i could use to polish inbetween my spokes? They didn't come from centerline polished very well between there...and i'd like them to match the outside if possible. I've tried it by hand and it "helped" but its nowhere close to the outside. Am i out of luck here or is there something i can do? :help:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i use blue magic... and Y2kSierra, your best bet is just to go get them polished. Bryan took my damaged rim to a polishing shop, and the rim came out looking brand new. I spent forever trying to get my other rims to look like it. For me, the key is just to never let them get that dirty. And DON"T hit them with soap. That makes them look all cloudly really fast. use some simple green on ur rims if they aren't cleared :Read:

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Is there anything i could use to polish inbetween my spokes? They didn't come from centerline polished very well between there...and i'd like them to match the outside if possible. I've tried it by hand and it "helped" but its nowhere close to the outside. Am i out of luck here or is there something i can do? :help:
You can get some of the polishing bonnets from Sears. I'll have to find them. But you can look at a Sears "try a big one" and look for the small polishing bonnets that attach to a drill/air wrench. The have a shaft to fit in the drill and have a "ball/cone/whatever" attached on the end. Most are a "hard" cotton. They will also carry polishing compounds ... "Jewerlers Rouge" .. there is green, white, brown, red .. etc. Read which one you would like to use .. use that on a drill and polish them ... you can't hurt the area that you want polished. I would not use the "rough" grit on the fully polished face as it might leave scraches.

I'll find a few links and post them up ...

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i use blue magic... and Y2kSierra, your best bet is just to go get them polished. Bryan took my damaged rim to a polishing shop, and the rim came out looking brand new. I spent forever trying to get my other rims to look like it. For me, the key is just to never let them get that dirty. And DON"T hit them with soap. That makes them look all cloudly really fast. use some simple green on ur rims if they aren't cleared :Read:
Blue magic is cool ... but is a pain to get off. It leave a residue and you have to buff and re-buff to get it all off.

Key is to keep them clean .. clean them off even if you don't wash your truck.

As far as soap.... if have no clue what you use .. but soap won't dull "Billet"
Simple Green ... I have never used it on billet so ... can't comment on that .. but I use Mequires Hot wheels ..and I like the crap out of it..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts