GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '04 Silverado and I want to raise it a bit but not with a lift. What size tires can I put on it and what kind of reprogramming will I have to do? The truck will be used for yard work and light off roading. I still need it to carry my two yaer old son so I don't want to go to radical. :guns:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You can fit 285/75 tires on stock rims and at stock height with no rubbing, looks very good to me. I had at set of BFG ATs in this size before my lift. As far as reprogramming, I wouldnt even worry about it for that little of a change, your speedo will be less than 5% off.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
285/75's or 305/70's are perfect... if you don't go offroad AT ALL you can get away with 315/75's on stock wheels, but that's pushing it...

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
I'm with Sevenfold. The 315/75's are a bad idea for stock height. I'd go with the 285/75's with your stock rims. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got 285/75R16 on my '04 with a 3/2 lift and they are just fine. The only time I rub my fender well is when I crank the wheel all the way clockwise and backing out of my drive way. Hasn't damaged anything but the noise does get your attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts