• 35x12.5x20 Mud Grappler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am realy torn as to what I want to get. I am running on a set of used Baja ATZ's that I got used for cheap but will need replaced very soon. Size is 35x13.5x20 I really like the look of this tire. My other 2 options are the MTZ's or Mud Grapplers. The thing that keeps bringing me back to the ATZ's is the width. But I keep thinking I might want something more agressive. So what would you do? Stay with the ATZ's in the 13.5 wide or go MTZ/Grap 12.5 wide?

Thanks a bunch!

·
meow
15,748 Posts
#1 not mud grapplers. If your going to stay on the road 95% of the time, which 99% of our members do, stick with atz's. I'd venture to guess that MTZ's come in wide sizes as well. I know sambo is running a 36x15.50

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do spend most of the time on the road. This a daily driver and I work out of the truck. I know the MTZ comes in a 36x15.5 but that tire really is too big for me. Its gonna rub something fierce for sure. You say no way to the Mud Grappler how come?

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
how they wear, ask yourself "am i really going to go offroad in the mud?" if not stick with At's they ride better, quiet, and last longer, in michigan it's not even a question MT's suck in the snow...

·
meow
15,748 Posts
My ideal tire has to fit three criteria:

1) Light
2) Traction
3) Price

The two lightest, although I never double checked my findings, are the Cooper STT and BFG Km2. The lighter tire will reduce rolling resistance, keep some of your mpg's, and increase lifetime of your front end parts.

Both of those tires offer good on/offroad traction.

I've found really good prices on both type of tires. I am looking for a 285/70R17 however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts