GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on my 7-9" FTS lift, and took the truck to a tire shop, they aligned it and I believe if I recall I mentioned that the tires leaned in, and he said there's nothing he can do about that and I would need to order a part to fix this? Not sure if he has no idea what he's doing or what

I've read it could possibly be ball joints so I'll check that tomorrow, putting the new tires and rims on Thursday so maybe I'll take it to another shop

· The Canadian
3,383 Posts
Sounds like he adjusted toe only

· Premium Member
2,551 Posts
need better pics IMO

· Registered
878 Posts
take a pic from the front looking down the side of the truck. Take one pic for each side

· GMC Owner
1,904 Posts
Chances are the shop you took it too has too small of a rack to properly calibrate a truck with that big of a lift. I ran into that issue on my 2002. Even though it was only a 6" lift, a normal alignment rack could not get the truck in spec. I took it to a different shop that had a rack that they align medium and heavy duty rigs including semis. Got it aligned perfectly.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chances are the shop you took it too has too small of a rack to properly calibrate a truck with that big of a lift. I ran into that issue on my 2002. Even though it was only a 6" lift, a normal alignment rack could not get the truck in spec. I took it to a different shop that had a rack that they align medium and heavy duty rigs including semis. Got it aligned perfectly.

Thinking about it your probably right, I'll take it to the shop in town that works on semis rims are here tomorrow than finally I'll be able to get my tires on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.