GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on my 7-9" FTS lift, and took the truck to a tire shop, they aligned it and I believe if I recall I mentioned that the tires leaned in, and he said there's nothing he can do about that and I would need to order a part to fix this? Not sure if he has no idea what he's doing or what

I've read it could possibly be ball joints so I'll check that tomorrow, putting the new tires and rims on Thursday so maybe I'll take it to another shop

·
GOT LIFT
2,342 Posts
If he did alignment the caster and camber should be perfect and everything should be in spec with no lean. Go to a different shop.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure he posted printout, just the bill I'll look tomorrow, can get pics of angles tomorrow as well as pictures of the actual tires

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Sounds like he adjusted toe only

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
"Toe and go"

Try a different shop

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Can't really see fuck all but meh left tires worse than the other, top sticks out about 1.5" past mud flap, when the bottoms about right aligned with mud flap

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
need better pics IMO

·
Registered
732 Posts
take a pic from the front looking down the side of the truck. Take one pic for each side

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I know pics were bad bright as fuck and rushed haha but it's definitely sticking out at the top a good 1-2 inches, she does need a bath lol but sorta pointless as driving home it's caked back on

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Those angles are fine and should be easily aligned within spec. I'd ask for a refund and go to another shop

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Chances are the shop you took it too has too small of a rack to properly calibrate a truck with that big of a lift. I ran into that issue on my 2002. Even though it was only a 6" lift, a normal alignment rack could not get the truck in spec. I took it to a different shop that had a rack that they align medium and heavy duty rigs including semis. Got it aligned perfectly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chances are the shop you took it too has too small of a rack to properly calibrate a truck with that big of a lift. I ran into that issue on my 2002. Even though it was only a 6" lift, a normal alignment rack could not get the truck in spec. I took it to a different shop that had a rack that they align medium and heavy duty rigs including semis. Got it aligned perfectly.

Thinking about it your probably right, I'll take it to the shop in town that works on semis rims are here tomorrow than finally I'll be able to get my tires on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts