GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how tall of a tire can i get on my stock suspension without any driving issues? (rubbing)

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
285/70/17 or possibly a 305/70/17 depending on how much you crank, the strength of your torsion bars, and if you decide to change keys/bars

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im basically just looking to throw a tire on my stock rims and not have to do any work since im pretty truck retarded. i got the same rims as you Josh

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm...why is everyone saying different sizes though?

·
Registered
381 Posts
listen to gmc00z. He hooked up up. Additionally, this question has been asked more times than any on the site hence the sarcasm, try using the search key next time.

Most people could be right in their suggestions...you'd just have to trim a little. :hack:

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
yea im basically just looking to throw a tire on my stock rims and not have to do any work since im pretty truck retarded. i got the same rims as you Josh
post up some pics man. i just got new rims actually so the ones in my sig are for sale. im makin a new pic thread now.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
just a word of warning, your truck's gonna be pissed with 3.42's and 33's

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pathetically, i did not even think about that. what will this pig not be 'pissed' about with my 3.42's?

and about the 3.42's...ive read people with the same truck as me except lower gears having trouble spinning their tires when they want or doing burn outs....i don't even have to brake stand and ill spin for about 3-4 seconds as my truck tries to fishtail side to side....whats with that?

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
pathetically, i did not even think about that. what will this pig not be 'pissed' about with my 3.42's?

and about the 3.42's...ive read people with the same truck as me except lower gears having trouble spinning their tires when they want or doing burn outs....i don't even have to brake stand and ill spin for about 3-4 seconds as my truck tries to fishtail side to side....whats with that?
dunno, shitty stock tires that can't hook? :dunno:

I noticed a difference with my 3.73's and 33's on my last 2 trucks, my '94 lost like 2mpg when I put 285's on, and I'm sure my '99 lost like 2-3mpg both with 3.73's, I swapped the gears in my '94 to 4.10's and picked up the 2 mpg that I lost as well as a shit-ton of power back

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I bet you wont burnout with 3.42s and 33's on dry pavement.

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
i had 36's with 3.73 and i could light em up on dry had to convence the truck some times but it could be done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts