GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 1997 gmc z71 and i put new torsion keys and an add-a-leaf and a 3inch body on it....its sitting on 315x75x16 bfg all terrains and they are rubbing the frame when i turn hard....what are my options to keep the tires from rubbing my frame?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id rather not buy new wheels because im using the stock z71 rims on it now...what size wheel spacers would you recommend? and what brand?

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
I can't believe it's rubbing with that combo :think: Did you just install the keys without cranking? Maybe you can give them 3-4 turns each and get that clearance.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
hey i have a 1997 gmc z71 and i put new torsion keys and an add-a-leaf and a 3inch body on it....its sitting on 315x75x16 bfg all terrains and they are rubbing the frame when i turn hard....what are my options to keep the tires from rubbing my frame?
All my buddies ran that setup in Highschool with mud tires and never had issues so they probably only rub cuz the all terrains are a little wider, can't be rubbing to much. Maybe take a buffing wheel to the frame and remove all the coating and see if it still rubs.

·
Registered
909 Posts
buddy of mine had the same setup on a 95 ext cab and ran 16x10s with no rubbing, something isnt right, i had it on my old 01 with 16x8s with no rubbing

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
I can't believe it's rubbing with that combo :think: Did you just install the keys without cranking? Maybe you can give them 3-4 turns each and get that clearance.
Crankin the keys will pull the tires in more and rub the frame more. op needs spacers or lower Offset wheels
buddy of mine had the same setup on a 95 ext cab and ran 16x10s with no rubbing, something isnt right, i had it on my old 01 with 16x8s with no rubbing
He's rubbin frame bc hes running stock wheels.

·
Registered
909 Posts
i ran stock wheels with 315/75/r16s on a 2001 regular cab 1500 4x4, with a 3 inch body lift and never rubbed anything. eventually added 16x8 moto metals , and i never rubbed with stock rims nor aftermarket

·
Registered
909 Posts
Crankin the keys will pull the tires in more and rub the frame more. op needs spacers or lower Offset wheels

stock wheels or not, something isnt right , no way he should be rubbing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
stated above buddy of mine had a 95 with 315/75/r16s and ran 16x10s, when we lifted his truck with the 3 inch body lift he ran the 315s on stock rims and they never rubbed, and his was a 1995 gmc sierra 1500 ext cab z-71

·
Registered
909 Posts
and brandon how bad did u have to trim on the red truck to clear the 20x10s and those toyos?

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Dude ur not gonna rub frame With a x10 the tire will be pushed out further. No truck is the same. Regardless if ur friend rubs or not the op needs wheel spacers or a lower offset wheel

·
Registered
909 Posts
man i already said above before he added the x10s he was on stock rims with the 315/75/r16s and they didnt rub on the 95, he didnt rub with stock rims nor the x10s.

·
Registered
909 Posts
lol agreed , just saying that something cant be right with the truck, those tires shouldnt be rubbing.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts

Dude ur not gonna rub frame With a x10 the tire will be pushed out further. No truck is the same. Regardless if ur friend rubs or not the op needs wheel spacers or a lower offset wheel
Agreed..the stock wheels will rub frame worse than any x8 or x10. The cranked torsion bars (keys) are prob the issue, take out your keys, on stock wheels you can stuff 315's with a 3" body lift without keys or cranked torsion bars on a 88-98 body style.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
I thought you could clear bigger tires on stock wheels and aftermarket (especially wider that stock) wheels cause the rubbing to be worse? Make a no sensa.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts