GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires is everyone running on their d-max, I currently have some BFG AT (285-75-16) (load range E) and am pretty disappointed with their tread wear and not really happy with their traction either.
So tell me what's a better option maybe or what you guys like.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
What tires is everyone running on their d-max, I currently have some BFG AT (285-75-16) (load range E) and am pretty disappointed with their tread wear and not really happy with their traction either.
So tell me what's a better option maybe or what you guys like.

Thanks
did you happen to have those tires on the factory 16x6.5? because i can give you a pretty good explanation as to why you had poor tread life.

per bfg website, their 285-75-16 approved wheel width is 7.5"-9". So a 16x8 or 16x8.5 is ideal with 16x7.5 and 16x9 at the edges.

Generally wider wheels give the tires a better footprint on the road while narrower wheel widths tend to balloon out the tires.

the new BFG A/T KO2 is a VERY good tire and i've been very impressed with it. It's a MASSIVE upgrade over the older model BFG A/T KO

My other favorite all terrain is the nitto terra grappler and the new G2 model is very nice as well.

The 265/75/16 is the next step down, but also requires at least a 7" wide wheel, so the factory 16x6.5's won't worth either.

My recommendation is to get some new 16x8 wheels and a set of 285 75 16 BFG A/T KO2's. Don't forget to rotate the tires often. About every 5k miles depending on what kind of driving you do. If its a lot of city driving, every 3k miles isn't a bad idea.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cooper Discoverer S/T hands down the best tire I've ever had on a duramax. I like the KO's but the now that the KO2's have been released, I'm half tempted to get those instead of the S/T's.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Michelin m/s 2 in 285/75/16. Do pretty good on snow/ice and are also decent for the jobsites and such I drive on.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts