GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im ordering my tires tommorow, i have a budget of 250 per tire, i want 35x12.5R17 i am keepin stock rims for no until end of summer...i need tire suggestions...im lookin at toyo MTs and Xterrains, i ahvent been able to get an accuarte price because evrywheres online is completly different, any suggestions on tires would be great

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
if you're deciding between the toyo's and xterrains........toyo's

toyo's regardless, they are a kickass tire that look awesome and will give you good performance on/offroad and good mileage out of em

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, thej price is teh only concern, im goin to cajun tommorow to get prices and get some ordered, everywhere online has diff, if i can get them 250 or less per tire then im goin with toyos, i love the way they look

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
220 a tire for 35 inch mtzs on ntwonline.com

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmm...not a huge fan of the mtzs..i was really lookin at the toyos

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
toyos are like 80 more a tire

for 280 a piece you can get ssrs and get em mounted for free at interco in rayne

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not lookin at onlie rpices though...im just gonna wait till tommorow to ask bryan at cajun

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
procomp Xterrains 35x12.50R17 are ordered and are going on the 21st...i know a while away but thats teh first spot open, poics will be up...

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the deciding factor came down to the price, it was between xterrains and toyos, and anythign over 250 per tire and i ahd to pay difference, and the toyos were 295 per tire and i didnt have the money so i went with the xterrains

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is gogin to be the slowest 2 weeks of my life!....haha, but yea im keepin it on stock rims for now, idk why but i really like the stock z71 rims, the search for the right rim continues! ahha

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have my tires roatted every 3000, im assuming thats what ur refering to?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Many factors, but yes rotation is one of them.

-air pressure checked
-alignment always in spec
-rotate every 3-4K
-balance kept in check
-front end components in great condition

That tire in particular is a directional tractor tread design. High void = lots of noise.

On the plus side, it's great offroad!

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i rotate every 3k, and my tires on both my vehicles have lasted me till i switched vehicles, and the tires on my old truck are still like new with 10k+ on them...

·
Registered
162 Posts
i rotate every 3k, and my tires on both my vehicles have lasted me till i switched vehicles, and the tires on my old truck are still like new with 10k+ on them...
Sounds like you are one of the few that actually take care of their tires. Not saying that everyone doesn't but I sell tires and you wouldn't believe the things that we see every day. There are a ton of people that give up 10 to 30K just because they don't do proper maintenance.

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea, i have friends that go throuhg tires like theres no tommoro!, if im paying this much for tires im going to make them last, i dont wanna spend 1k+ every coouple of months! i had a friend with some mud brutes on a 06' 2500, 3k and they were bald as slicks...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts