GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting a set of Swamper trxus sts radials...what is everyone opinion on these...mostly street driving but want to a lil offroading

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Fuck teh Trxus sts.

·
Registered
8,326 Posts
get something like the toyo mt or the sort if you do mainly street driving but still want some offroad capability

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
The Trxus STS may very well have been the worst tire brought to the market in 10 years.

·
Registered
912 Posts
They suck. One of my buddies had a set and they were bald at around 15k. They rode like crap the entire time he had them, made all kinds of noise(not a normal mud tire hum/roar), and sucked off-road.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
ride like shit, louder than my claws and mtzs, wouldn't balance. Fucking terrible tire:pepper:

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
I've never heard anyone who's liked those tires.....if you want an AT tire maybe look into the Mickey Thompson Baja Radial ATZ's....great on road and off road tire :imo I love mine :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well..... I actually liked mine for the winter time driving but...yes they didn't balance well, were loud, heavy, and pretty much not any better for offroading than most other at's that will ride much better. Sooo I'd look elsewhere. I got rid of mine well before the tread was gone....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i just wanted to ask about the tires...i guess they are not so hot...my brother has the mud terrain versions of them but he doesnt drive alot ...about how much do the mt atz run?

yes i got your pm...i wasnt too fond of the white powdercoat since i have a black truck...

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
well i just wanted to ask about the tires...i guess they are not so hot...my brother has the mud terrain versions of them but he doesnt drive alot ...about how much do the mt atz run?

yes i got your pm...i wasnt too fond of the white powdercoat since i have a black truck...
oh that sucks, it would look interesting though :D

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
toyo ats are ugly. i have the m/t's and i love em. they are great on the street and can hold their own off road.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
well i think have it narrowed to either toyo open ats or nitto terra grapplers...what are opinions on these 2
I had a set of the Terra Grapplers and loved them as well. Nice and quiet and rode really smooth. I would have gotten them again if they made a 38X15.50 size......the Toyo AT's aren't very good looking :imo

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm i think the toyo ats and the terra grapplers look alot alike...and i found today that nitto is made by toyo...but i think i am goin to go witht the terra grapplers...i also that a 305/50/20 is around 266 a tire and 305/55/20 are 337 a tire...70$ for an inch of of rubber...that ridiculous

·
party at the moon tower
416 Posts
I have been really happy with my Cepek mud country tires. They ballanced really nice, smooth on the road and have been good in the mud so far.

Oh, I am only running 33 though if it makes you any differance

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you have any rubbing problems on your truck 00Silverado? i know your is a z but im fixing ot put a 4inch lift on my 2wd so ill have a lil more room but not much...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts