GMC Truck Forum banner

Titan Tank

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  BobM 
#1 ·
just threw a Titan Tank under the LBZ, freaking love it!! its easy to do (did it in my driveway) and my fuel gauge seems to work perfectly. GM needs to put these tanks in from the factory. 26 gallons < 51 gallons

#7 ·
Hell, that sticker shock gets me and I just have the 42 gallon tank on my Suburbans.... Plus having to run your credit card twice to fill from empty is annoying. Still really nice when you're on a road trip though...

#10 ·
I'm not positive its the card company, Some gas stations will let me charge over $100 and some max out at $75. I'll check it out, but with only my wife and I driving and we have 7 vehicles, it's not like it happens very often...

#13 ·
I used to have the same problem, shut off at $100. I called my CC company and told them to raise the limit, and I’ve never had a problem since.

I don’t doubt some stations do that, but I also see commercial delivery trucks pull in and drop $200 in their tanks all the time and its never a problem.
Start with calling your CC company, and go from there.

#14 ·
Visa and Mastercard control it. They tell the retailer they have a limit and will only cover any issues with the charge if they stay within the limit. Gas stations that ignore the limit are doing it to lure customers at their own risk.

#19 ·
added one to my 2fiddy and fixing to add one to the lbz now. it's worth it on long trips.

#20 ·
added one to my 2fiddy and fixing to add one to the lbz now. it's worth it on long trips.

View attachment 812559

View attachment 812561

View attachment 812563

View attachment 812565

Great pics! they tell a story without any words. I had an '80 Chevy pickup with the dual tanks and a 250 engine. We drove it many a time from west-central Indiana to St. Cloud, Florida (1000 miles ~). If I slow filled each tank from a 5 gallon can before I left home I could drive all the way there without a fill up. I drove 50 miles on one tank at the start and then switched tanks to allow for expansion. Great memories! (BTW: I didn't actually drive all the way and then fill up. I used the range to fill up at cheap stations that I knew about!) ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.