Registered
1,990 Posts
Gonna love this thread.

Reactions: heysoos

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait to hit this fucker with the dustless blaster and see how shitty the repairs are 😂😂😂

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,916 Posts
In for birdshot sheet metal pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So plans for this thing were originally to get it running and driving for the summer while I finish up the 67 and then tear into the body work this winter. It's so far gone tho that I'll probably start tearing it apart after the 67 is "done" so that I can figure out what I need to order for sheat metal and hopefully get it all in one shot and not have to pay multiple frieght charges. Hopefully going to pick up a box and some doors off a c10 this weekend, I'll try to use them to make my own patch panels and save a couple grand 😅 . I want to get the 350 tuned up and running first and run it like that for a while and eventually I'd like to put a 3.0 duramax and manual trans in it, we'll see. Right now I haven't been able to find a definite answer on engine management for a 3.0l dmax but I think a halltech would work or maybe a universal holley system.

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tossed a battery in it tonight, it turns over, sounds like the alternator is shot, so thats cool 🤣

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dumped some gas down the carb, it fired so likely just needs some decent gas in the tank and possibly a fuel pump to run

·
Registered
544 Posts
People on social media gonna lose their minds and just see a K5 Like whenwhistlindeezol did the world a favor on that toasted red Ford, except you’re fixing it instead of taking it off the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thought has crossed my mind to smear more bondo on it, pull the top off, and do some shit with it to piss off the internet. I'm replacing most of the sheat metal anyways 😂😂😂

Reactions: tallgood89

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also it needs a fuel pump, tank was bone dry, hoping it's not trashed inside cause I dumped 5 gallons of 91 in it and haven't got fuel pumped up to the carb yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Friend of mine works at a body shop and they have a 68-72 bed someone tried to turn into a short bed and butchered, it's mine for a couple cases of beer and I have my patch panels for the quarters. Between that and what we have in the pasture I should be able to get by with just buying a floor pan and lower door skins new, and hopefully find a passenger fender somewhere

·
STOCK TRUCK
1,325 Posts
In for hammered dogshit welded body panels, just kidding, looks like fun.

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In for hammered dogshit welded body panels, just kidding, looks like fun.
Well the pickup box I'm picking up is definitely that way 😂😂😂

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dang!!! look how thick that bondo is!! LOL
They didn't try to straighten anything, just fill it with Spray foam and bondo 😂

Reactions: heysoos and 07Burb
1 - 20 of 65 Posts