GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 885 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I rolled the lb7 about 3 weeks ago.
Earlier that day...

And then...

Picking this up tomorrow, 67 c10

Any way here's the plan for now:
Strip the body off the frame

Make a custom stand alone harness for the engine/trans/transfercase (don't want to mess with bcm/abs/or gauge cluster)

Drop 67 body on the frame after all repairs are done and I have the engine running

Once that's done the fun stuff will start, I'm planning to paint it synergy green with a white roof, 16.5x12 welds with swampers and 18x9 renegades and at3s for dd use, bump the lb7 to 500 horse torques, and it's gotta have a double chrome roll bar with some kc lights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Friday I put a new ball joint in the driver's side uca in and put the welds on to get it moveable again. started stripping the dmax down this morning. So far I have the interior out and the box off. Started working on getting the cab off before supper. Still need to get the harness stripped out of the cab so I can seperate out the wiring for the 4x4, trans, engine.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Awwww yesss making lemonade. Been hoping someone would start another actual build to follow.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Leveling kits, color matching, and cleared headlights don't count as builds?

I get excited every time Silverboy, flatblack, and a few others post in here...been reading that Mini Cooper dudes thread this afternoon too. What's your goal as far as getting it running (time wise) ?

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get excited every time Silverboy, flatblack, and a few others post in here...been reading that Mini Cooper dudes thread this afternoon too. What's your goal as far as getting it running (time wise) ?
June, I want it in devil's run.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
June, I want it in devil's run.

Nice. That's dropping the hammer...and some late nights.

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice. That's dropping the hammer...and some late nights.
I don't need a social life, I've already told friends to f off because of this project

·
Registered
9,564 Posts
Short bed Chevy for the win! I hope this doesn’t take a stand still like @silverboy02 lol. I was addicted to his build then it became like a good movie that just leaves off with you ever so wondering...

·
Super Moderator
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Short bed Chevy for the win! I hope this doesn’t take a stand still like @silverboy02 lol. I was addicted to his build then it became like a good movie that just leaves off with you ever so wondering...
It's going to be a long bed, I like the way they look lifted better.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
There are a few good build reads going now.

1 - 20 of 885 Posts