GMC Truck Forum banner

881 - 900 of 942 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #882
Well the primer is done, kind of. I'm still not happy with the line from shaving the drip rail. I'm going to buy some body files to try and smooth it out and got one tiny spot on the drivers door that might sand out when I block it but idk.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Jake
2,351 Posts
read through this whole thing... said you were gonna be done last june

what the hell you be slackin off on?

but for real man looks sick i'm actually excited for you. lmk when i can come check it out

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #884
read through this whole thing... said you were gonna be done last june

what the hell you be slackin off on?

but for real man looks sick i'm actually excited for you. lmk when i can come check it out
I'm fat and lazy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
So after blocking the door I wasnt happy with it.

But I got it back to primer yet tonight. I did a test spray with color to see if I had sanded enough. After sending the primer has a very fine orange peel that I was worried about but it feels smooth to the touch and isnt noticeable after spraying a test patch.

Underside of hood is sanded as well as the fire wall. I think I am going to paint just the fire wall and engine bay first, reassemble and finish the painting.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve painted anything with a spray gun, but damn your vid made me miss those days. Can’t wait to see it in color.

·
Narc
1,358 Posts
It’s been almost 20 years since I’ve painted anything with a spray gun, but damn your vid made me miss those days. Can’t wait to see it in color.
I fear when I have to pick up paint. I'm glad some people are good with it because I am not some people. I'm gonna do all the prep work on smoothing and painting some stuff for my work truck but I'm handing the supplies to someone who has some idea how to use paint because after two weeks of redoing the badges on my truck it's evident I have no fucking clue.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #891
Got about an hours worth of sanding in tonight and got the inside of the fenders knocked out. I am planning on spraying the firewall/cowl area, underside of the hood, inside of the fenders, front of the box and back of the cab first with it all disassembled then reassemble the truck minus the doors to finish blocking everything and spray the door jambs/interior in the paintbooth. Put the doors on and spray the rest of the truck to get a uniform look with the metallic.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #893
Wasn't going to paint tonight but fuck it lol
Was worried about it having a tiger stripe look after I finished the second coat but after drying it looks good. Only real fuck up I had is some runs on the front of the box.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,611 Posts
Fuck yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,611 Posts
get down to business baby - quickmeme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #898
Should have the front clip on by tonight, waiting for some paint to dry on the intercooler. But the cab is fully bolted down for the first time! Box needs to be slid forward yet. Idk if I'll bolt it down yet, might have to lift it back off to figure out the fuel fill. Ordered some longer u bolts as well, I'm going to toss some 2 inch blocks in that I have for now, progressive overloads are in the future plans tho.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #900
So I started working in town again on monday, one of my old coworkers decided to shoot himself so back to working on combines 4 days a week. So between that and working on our own shit I haven't been getting a lot done on this bastard. Tonight I got the dash, the passenger box side and a good chunk of the cab sanded. Was planning on working on it this weekend but my hsp stuff is supposed to be here tomorrow so working on the lml it is.

881 - 900 of 942 Posts