Registered
9,620 Posts
I hope your gonna pull it all back apart it paint it properly

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #906
I hope your gonna pull it all back apart it paint it properly
No I'm not it's a metalic paint I want it assembled so everything is uniform. Interior and door jams will get painted before assembling it completely then I'm shooting the exterior all at once with it assembled .

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
How are you gonna paint the floor pans and underneath the bed?

·
Registered
1997 Chevy c1500
3 Posts
Awesome Build . Amazing the work you've done. My 72 was originally a long bed truck . it was total in 93 and put another long bed frame back under it. Was driving it with a month an half after wreck. Then in 2003 I decided I wanted a short bed truck. So tore it back apart.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #911
So the past couple of days I've been sanding on this thing and I've got some questions. Data sheet says to sand with 600-800 grot by hand and 400-600 grit with a da. I'm about half way done with the hood using a da sander and it looks like I polished the thing, no visible sanding marks and you can make out the individual bulbs in the ceiling lights reflecting off the hood. I don't want to paint on a surface this smooth do i? The rest of the truck hasn't turned out this way from sanding. I'll probably end up going over it with a block again.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #914
Just downloaded the data sheet again, it says 400 grit ?‍♂. How fucked am I sanding everything to 600? I already sprayed the engine bay and between the cab and bed. That was sanded to 600 too and came out super smooth. So at least I'm getting a nice finish but how will it effect longevity?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I would just do a quick sand over it with 400 and you should be good. You will be fine with the 600 on what’s already painted.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #916
I finished up the hood tonight with 400, this goes a lot faster now ?. Also did the passenger side box and cab. Took all of 20 minutes to do with a da and hand sanding the edges so it shouldn't be too bad to go over everything again with 400.

·
cunts
2,742 Posts
Bitchin

901 - 920 of 942 Posts