GMC Truck Forum banner

921 - 940 of 942 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #924
Well I sprayed some more color tonight and have the paint booth a try. I like it but ill have to figure out some better lighting.

Last 2 pics are looking through the plastic, I didn't want to go back in lol. Hit it with epoxy in the spots that I sanded through, then a light coat of epoxy, waited 1.5 hours and sprayed 3 light-medium coats of color and 3 coats of clear. I was worried about the clear being rough but it seams to have smoothed out after drying a bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #927
Not sure what happened with the back of the cab but ill definitely have to wet sand and buff it, rest of it turned out pretty good. I'll have to respray clear on the top of the dash I completely missed the corners. I definitely need some better lighting for in the booth

·
Some dude on the internet
315 Posts
Not sure what happened with the back of the cab but ill definitely have to wet sand and buff it, rest of it turned out pretty good. I'll have to respray clear on the top of the dash I completely missed the corners. I definitely need some better lighting for in the booth
View attachment 870322
Not bad, you should be able to knock that orange peel down pretty easily. I've shot wayyy worse than that before!

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #931
Resprayed some clear on the top of the dash today, the corners by the pillars ended up light. gutted the old tailgate, sanded and prepped the gate handle. ordered a new steering shaft so that I can get the steering column in and hooked up then I'll be able to get the intercooler pipes figured out before putting everything back together.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #932
Quick update on the progess, interior is all wet sanded, still have to go back and buff it but I'm waiting on new 5.5 pads. Mounted the doors hopefully for the last time. Driver side fought me a little.

Test fit the hood for the first time, guess what, it doesn't fit. It hits the uprights on my homemade core support.

Speaking of the core support I need to shift its mounting about 1/4" over to the drivers side to get the hood gaps right and finish up my condensor mount and built a trans cooler mount, which I've decided will be mounted in front of the condensor, itll be tight but I think it will just clear the grill.

Also mounted up the steering column and brake booster. Re bent the brake lines to clear the shock tower and steering shaft. Then modified the intercooler piping to clear everything. Hot side got chopped and rotated the bends. Cold side just needed to be shortened 1/2 an inch.

Currently working on the seat mounting, I have the passenger side mocked up and tacked together. Should have it done tonight yet I hope. Welded in a couple of pads on the inboard side of the seat. Made a bracket for the out board side to bolt to the factory holes, and the rear has a piece of 1×2 inch tubing welded to it and drilled to line up with the factory mounting.

Once the seats and core suport are sorted im going to start on the wiring.

·
Super Moderator
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #937
So we got an inch of rain between yesterday and today, which gives me time to jump back on this.

Got the other pipe sanded and polished out.
Test fit them again, also test fit the upper rad hose, that fit with zero modification. Just need to order some clamps.

Then I ripped off the front clip again and modified the core support to have slotted holes where it bolts to the frame. Reassembled the front clip and pushed and pulled shit until i was happy with how it all fit together. The fender to hood gap is a little tighter in the back vs the front but not too terrible.

Grill will have to come off again to slot the mounting holes. It sticks out about a 1/4" on the drivers side and an 1/8 on the passenger side

Anyways I started chopping up the fender liner to make it fit the frame and around the shock towers. Almost got it fitted but the cutting disk exploded and cut a couple of knuckles. Got pissed off and quit for the night at that point lol

Attachments

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,611 Posts
Love the colormatched belt mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

921 - 940 of 942 Posts