GMC Truck Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1060 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,022
Well its painted. Couple spots need wet sanding and buff the whole thing, then should be good enough to bounce off a tree. 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,023
Ordered a denim buffing pad to try and knock the orange peal down. A friends coming up next weekend to work on his 6.5 so gonna have him helpe do the windshields while he's here, other wise I'm just gonna start tackling the the headlights, tails, door windows, regulators etc. Gotta order a new carpet, the brothers rubber floor didn't fit worth a fuck.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024
Just ordered a tmi carpet kit, innov8 racing center caps/hub switch in bronze, and some anodized bronze paint. Gonna try the grill inserts, bumpers, bowtie, cheverolet lettering, and the painted parts of the Cheyenne 20 badges in anodized bronze. Then probably scrap that and go the safe route with white/silver 😅

Reactions: eand28 and 07Burb

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
So happy to see this in color now. What’s left in the drivetrain to wrap up before it’s roadworthy?

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,027
So happy to see this in color now. What’s left in the drivetrain to wrap up before it’s roadworthy?
Driveshafts and finish routing coolant lines. Also re flare the one brake line with the right flare tool

Reactions: 07Burb

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
Also still waiting on the rear shocks, fox keeps pushing out the ship date further and further out. Out to Christmas time now and I ordered them in August 😑

Reactions: eand28 and 07Burb

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
Got a new video edited and posted tonight, I figured out the audio leveling so that's fixed in this one 😅. Go share this shit on book face and where ever else. I'm obviously social media illiterate cause I can't get the YouTube or the gram to blow up. Would be nice to get it monetized 😂

Wet sanded the drivers fender tonight and hit with a medium cut and stiff foam pad, need to go back with a softer pad along the body line before hitting it with a lighter compound. Its coming out good and getting rid of the orange peel, hope the denim pad does it faster tho.
Top is the unwanted drivers door and bottom is the drivers fender

Fender Obviously still needs some more shine but has a much more even finish now.

Bedliner kit showed up the other day too. I know the raptor kit has a lot of mixed reviews but its the same stuff that was on my 14 and that held up good so fuck it

Reactions: 07Burb and Jack1181

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,031

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,034
If it was me I would give 3m perfect it a shot. The purple bottle rubbing compound.. I cant remember the number. Followed by their yellow bottle ultra polish.

That shit is magical. That's all I've used on new finishes
I have some of that, I'm out of step one and almost out of the step 2 though, trying to use up shit I have right now 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,035
I'm going to order a 7 inch Touch screen led from one guage to use as my instrument cluster. This is a rough layout of what I'm planning. One of the white dots will be the dsp5 switch. The black box might thro some rocker switches there idk. Any input? Wanted to run their 10 inch screen but there just isn't enough room.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,036
Got the 4x4 working today, found a plug that I didn't get plugged in under the fuse panel 🤦‍♂️. So anyways got the front drive shaft installed and power steering installed. Gotta get the brakes working, tighten up all the link bolts and maybe take it for a rip in fwd and blue tooth rear driveshafts a thing 😂

·
n. fil-dert.
7,067 Posts
You're doing it backwards. Most of the SAS hacks install the front drive shaft like 2 years after the swap when they are trying to sell it.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,038
I have to cut down the rear drive shaft and I'm still practicing my aluminum welding with the tig before I do that lol

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,556 Posts
What did you do for a front shaft? Trying to figure out mine right now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,040
What did you do for a front shaft? Trying to figure out mine right now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
The factory one, just changed the u joint to fit the sd axle

1021 - 1040 of 1060 Posts