GMC Truck Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,101
Did the bedliner today. brake job took longer then planned yesterday when I tore into it to find both rear calipers completely seized and had to make a parts run. With the wait times I would have ended up finishing it at 3 am 😂

Only got 2 coats on with an 8 quart kit. Still have 1 full quart left and maybe a 1/4 of a mixed one left. I must have put the coats on thicker then most, from the reviews I read people had plenty left after doing a long bed and 3 coats. Hoping the mixed stuff is still usable tomorrow so I can brush on in a couple of spots I couldn't get the gun.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Why did you go over the rails with it?

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,103
So I know I said i was going to run some Westcoast mirrors but after painting it I don't think I want those big ass things on it 😅. Bought some fancy billit mirrors meant for a chevelle instead and thinking they might look too small now 😂

Also the rear bumper showed up too. Went with a westin chrome step bumper.

And a little throw back since its Thursday 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,104
Reactions: J-man67 and 07Burb

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,818 Posts
That bumper will look gooooood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,106
Thought it seamed small when I had it sitting on my tailgate 😂😂😂

Probably gonna throw it on dads jeep lol

Reactions: 07Burb

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
374 Posts
I think YJs look bad with bumpers from the '70s

Unless the CJ grille/fenders get swapped on too.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,110
Originally had the correct size pulled up on eBay but it had a plastic top, saw this one on the similar items and didn't look at the size. Re ordered the correct size in the same bumper 😂

Anyways, I shortened the driveshaft. Turned into an all day event when I ran out of argon. Ran to town to exchange, they were out and had to run to the next town over for it 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,111
First time tig welding aluminum in over 4 years, probably should have done some practice beads but I just went for it 😅. Before welding it i had it down .007" of runout. absolutely could not get it less then that, assuming the extra runout was in the factory side. After welding it I ended up at .011" of run out. It's kind of hard to measure with it installed because loading and uploading the drive train as I spun it would swing the measurement .005" so I could be way out of spec or well with in spec. Either way its close enough to get it balanced if it causes a vibration.

Reactions: eand28 and 07Burb

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,113
worst case scenario i have to order a custom driveshaft but figured I'm not out anything trying this first :LOL:
started rebuilding the wing windows last night and cleaning up all the window tracks and what not. Unloading fertilizer this morning hopefully get the drivers door mostly put together minus the door latch. ended up ordering a new door latch kit to update it to a modern style.
also new video:

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,114
fuck wing windows, should have just bought rebuilt ones. that is all...

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,116
One is rebuilt, just waiting for glue to dry. Going to start the multi day process of the second one now 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,117
One in, probably going to cut the window back out and come up with some way of shimming it so it shuts/seals more smoothly. I have some wood blocks crammed in there to try and get it in place before the glue dries but I have my doubts about it working 😂

Also found out the passenger side one doesn't match. It or the complete door is from a 68+ as it has the newer latch style and no chrome... 🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,118
Would have had the main window installed tonight too but I prepped the wrong one lol

·
n. fil-dert.
7,084 Posts
I feel like you need an administrative assistant for this build. Besides the cat.

Reactions: eand28 and TMAN

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,120
Passenger wing window is done, just waiting on glue to dry, I know it's all oozed out and nasty but I'll cut it and peel it off when it dries. Solved my no chrome issue with some vinyl wrap 😅

Glued up the the right window/rail for the drivers side as well lol

Its fucking cold in there right now with the wind battering the overhead doors. So I'm on coffee break and printing off wiring schematics 😅

1101 - 1120 of 1151 Posts