GMC Truck Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
So I know I said i was going to run some Westcoast mirrors but after painting it I don't think I want those big ass things on it . Bought some fancy billit mirrors meant for a chevelle instead and thinking they might look too small now
View attachment 872604
View attachment 872603
Also the rear bumper showed up too. Went with a westin chrome step bumper.
View attachment 872605
And a little throw back since its Thursday
View attachment 872606
My vote is no mirrors

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,122
Window doing window things

Reactions: eand28

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,123
Replaced the rear brake line tonight, rather then trying to shorten this one and reflare it like I tried before I just bent it in a u and flipped the rubber line to the opposite side.

Had to rig up an adapter for the new bleeder system because screw waiting until January 6th to get the right adapter. I want to drive this bitch before the new year 😂

Reactions: eand28

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
362 Posts
I know how badly the itch to drive a build for the first time can be.

Even my most recent build, i took it off road without a front driveshaft because i didn't want to wait for the shaft.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,125
Well it moved under its own power tonight! Might have only been a few inches but it counts 😂. Anyways I ordered all new glass the old stuff looks like ass and the wing windows don't even match so the first test drive will be without a windshield lol. Gotta get all the nuts and bolts tightened up on the front suspension, hook up the coolant hoses and dump some water and pinesol in it to clean out the oil out of the cooling system. 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,128
Lights doing light things, waiting on a pair of amber 3/4 leds for the passenger side yet but you get the idea. Wires hanging down are for trailer hook up and license plate lights.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,129
Apparently glass kits are non exsisant for these trucks right now.... can't get wing windows unless I order complete assemblies which almost doubles the cost of the kit.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,130
3rd times a charm hopefully. we'll see if I get an email saying this piece or that piece of the kit is not currently available but we can sell you this kit for another $600 bucks and a small rear window separately or refund and cancel your order. ended up ordering just a glass kit this time, in clear without the vent window frames or track guides for the roll up windows. also ordered vent window latches since mine are mis matched. vent window frames are impossible to find so I guess I'll chop off a piece of the drivers one(67 style) to make it match the passenger one(68-72 style) and paint them black. If this kit fails to come through I guess I'll try to order the door windows separate and see what happens.

Reactions: Heckwine

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,131
It's just about ready for a test drive, need to pick up a couple of barb fittings to loop the heater core circuit and I can go for a freezing test drive without a windshield 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,132
I should have just shaved the dash 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,133
So checked on parts that I've been waiting on, appearantly my PayPal didn't want to work on the day I ordered the stuff because none of it went through 🤦‍♂️. Re ordered the bumper and mirror on Monday. decided to check the door latches tonight, we'll guess what, the order never completed and they were just sitting in my cart....

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,134
New bumper showed up, I'd like it to be a couple of inches wider but here's what it looks like.
20210118_155837.jpg

Side view. Thinking about cutting it at an angle to follow the bed side and mounting it closer. My other idea is to chop it in half widen it just enough so I can cut into the step part and make the bumper wrap around the bed corner. Thoughts? 🤔

Reactions: 07Burb

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Angle cut IMO

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Widen, tuck, angle cut and maybe add some material at the bottom to cover the gap at the bottom of the bedside.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,138
Well the more I kept looking at it the more I've just decided I'm going to build my own bumper that mimics this one but tapers to the body line and in from the top down.... so basically just spent ~700 bucks on bumpers for nothing 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: 07Burb and eand28

·
The great white Canadian
1,663 Posts
Interesting choice of bumper for sure.

When you go to build your own are you going to use that one as a base or literally build your own out of Johne Deere's and strings of hay? :)
Probably

1121 - 1140 of 1142 Posts