GMC Truck Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1252 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You know, after looking at the gauge bezel again, I’d move the light switch to the lower left. If the opening in the dash bezel could be rounded and radiused edges so that it flowed into the switch better and covered some of the non switch instead of square cuts it would look more natural.

Im at a loss with the transfer case switch. I hate that thing. Stupid narrow long vertical rectangle.

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,202 ·
They finally showed up while I was gone on a sled trip!

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,203 ·
Zero updates other then I'm having issues getting the ecm tuned. The one I bought to get it going was reflashed with a knock off tech 2 apparently and wiped the serial number from it so I can't get it licensed with efi live, bought another one from a junk yard and it's locked with a custom key. The computer has been hooked up to it for 7 days now trying to unlock it. Might have to send it out to be unlocked....

Reactions: eand28 and 07Burb

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,204 ·
So 2 different places basically told me both pcm are a lost cause and unlocking the e54 is impossible. Idk why they advertise the service then.... 🙄🔫

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,206 ·
No just blew my wad again and bought an 850 dollar ecm....

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,207 ·
Installed the ecm from socal, same thing, I get the ecm locked error code. Talked to them, checked over my wiring as they said something interfering with the data cable can cause it to give a false locked code. Got to the point where I undid the data link splice and jumped the obd and pcm pins together so there was nothing else on the line. Still locked. Sending all 3 pcms in tomorrow. Original one is getting refurbished for 175 bucks and they're gonna double check the other 2 to see if they're actually locked, one will be kept for a core. Hopefully end up with 2 functional ecms when all is said and done and will know for sure if its something on my end that's fucky.

In other news got the shocks installed. Thinking they might be a little short even though they are for 1.5-3.5 inches of lift and this should be at about 2.25. Once I get the ecms back I'm going to back one side up the trailer ramps and try to bottom it out to see if I can add 2-3 inch extended eyelets to the shocks.

Also welded a bung onto the fill spout to add a vent to it hopefully I can fill it at rate faster then grandpa trying to pee now. Used -8 an stuff since I had it left over from the fass install. Probably gonna order a 90 elbow and a straight an hose end, for now this will work to at least test out lol

Attachments

Reactions: eand28

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,209 ·
yeah those shocks are way too short, sell them to me
Waited way too long for these fuckers, they're staying right where they are 🤣

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,210 ·
No more Furd shit

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yeah. It’s just the right amount.

Killer lug nuts too. Where did they come from?

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,214 ·
Yeah. It’s just the right amount.

Killer lug nuts too. Where did they come from?

They're nicecnc off ebay. 304 stainless

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,216 ·
ECMs are done and got shipped today. I guess the guy that normally double checks the ecms before shipping them was gone when mine was shipped out. Still has dsp5 tunes in it so it had not been gone through.

Anyways I've been trying to figure out how to do the back wall. Tried to kerf the mdf for the curve but failed twice so mocked this up. Planning on fiberglassing the corners some how. This is just a rough idea. It also needs to house a 6x9 speaker so this won't work but I can get some measurements off it and start over.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Can you use 3 1/4” mdf sheets? The 1/4” might bend easier.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Can you use 3 1/4” mdf sheets? The 1/4” might bend easier.
That would probably splinter unless he coats it really good with fiberglass

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,219 ·
I was going to end up glassing them even with kerning them. I just though that would be the easiest way to get a nice base to to lay the glass on. I have some thin plywood at my place I might try to kerf and wrap around the frame work then glass over that to get it to line up with the middle panel. I'm only using half inch for this stuff since there is no subs getting mounted in it just going to be an amp wall and 6x9s in the corner. Sub is Going in the center console when I get that far.

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,220 · (Edited)
Got the ecm put back in tonight and finally got it licensed for my flash scan. Loaded the stock file in and sent it out to Starlite, full retard tunes and bakestands coming soon 😎

1201 - 1220 of 1252 Posts