GMC Truck Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 1311 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,281 ·
Headliner loading, also I see I need to make my dome light yet, add that to the list 🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,282 ·
Interior is this close 🤏 to being done. Going to try and find an upholstery place to do the seats to match this winter.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't even check the recent threads anymore just come to GMFS to see your progress lol. Looking really good, you must be pumped to have it so close to ready!

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,284 ·
I don't even check the recent threads anymore just come to GMFS to see your progress lol. Looking really good, you must be pumped to have it so close to ready!
Thanks man, bunch of tedious things left the last 5% really is the worst 🤣

Taking it to a car show this weekend, might put it in the burnout contest and wreck something 😂

Reactions: Blurka and yucanada

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,285 ·
Finished looming up the wiring, moved the pressure switch on ac, and painted some random shit lol

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,287 ·
Went full douche bag and put my ig on the back window 😂
20210715_190956.jpg

Had to drain the coolant because it's still contaminated from my oil cooler fuck up so took the time to sand and polish out the coolant pipe and the intake tube. Taking it to a car show this weekend 100 miles away so fixing the trans cooler leak too and added some heat barrier on the tunnel.

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,288 ·
Ac doesn't work that great at idle, think its from lack of air flow so started building a fan shroud. Turning out decent for an old freezer lid 😂. Going to look for some 3 inch flashing in town tomorrow to finish it off, flashing will bolt onto the shroud with riv nuts for easy removal.
20210721_220716.jpg

Reactions: Roscoe968

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,289 ·
And of course it'll get painted bronze, most likely.

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,290 ·
Thinking about having a set of detroit steel wheels made for it in 20x9 and run some pizza cutter BFGs for daily driving this. The balance beads and trxus mts are kind of annoying at highway speeds. Plus maybe get better mpg then 18.5 🤔

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Current Welds > Steelies >>>>>PYOs

never understood the love for PYOs. Narrow, no offset, and ugly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dog dish wheels = 🤮

You can always just do a spacer with PYOs.

Or scrap that maybe not PYOs just do one of those bullet hole style wheels, don't know what you would call them that's how I always reference them

·
Registered
50 Posts
smh yall just player haters

If you want dog dish just get the GM transport wheels lol

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
The whole point of Detroit Steelies are custom built wheels, to go on custom built, almost “one off vehicles”. Not the same with GM transports lol

Not that your opinions are bad, they just don’t fit this imo.

The high amount of work he put into this, I’d doubt he would put a stock wheel on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree that is why I suggested the transports. I don't know a single dude that runs them nowadays. Especially right now when it is hard to get your hands on new wheels etc. the transports could be a tide over wheel.

Personally I feel like the Detroit wheels look all the same. You could achieve the same look with the transports.

1281 - 1300 of 1311 Posts