GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was getting sick of all the random small shit going wrong with my 2011 so I decided to upgrade. I wanted to wait until I felt comfortable trading it in on a new duramax but that didn't pan out. So here's the new ride, a 2014 silverado LT with 27k on the odometer! Already has an access tonue cover and gm bed mat and I had them bed line it as part of the deal.

And the old one, please refrain from the bashing of it, no I did not save the ugly running boards, in fact I didn't save anything off of it and no I do not plan to do most of the same shit to this one.

Anyways the plans for this one are going to be simple

Exterior:
Color matched handles and mirror covers(done)
Color match the tailgate handle
2.5 leveling kit
20" chrome all terrain wheels
ST MAXX tires?
35% or 20% tint on the front side windows
50% tint on the windshield
Debadge/desticker and loose the window vents
Clearz side markers
High Country grill
Paint correction and clear protective film on the bottom of the pickup and front of the hood
Stubby antenna
Remove steps

Performance:
Might do exhaust
Bilstien shocks
Maybe a turbo and goodies in 3 years when my warranty is over

Interior:
Needs a sound system, don't know the specifics yet
Leather seat covers if the cloth starts to look bad
Add home link
Might do something with the smooth plastics so they are all the same but idk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Color matched handles and mirror caps! Ordered a rcx 2.5 level yesterday and am currently dealing with a guy on some 20 inch chrome all terrain wheels. What's everybody doing to color match the bow tie on these with that texture I'm not really sure how to do it other than buy an after market one.

·
Lifelong Chevy Owner
191 Posts
Looks like a good starting platform. As for the bowties, you could always just have vinyl decals cut to cover the gold.

·
New truck Same name
581 Posts
There's a company on eBay that sells replacement pieces for the gold. All you do is drill out the center gold and replace it with a smooth new emblem. Has a few colors that could easily be color matched. Did it for my dad's 16 and it looks awesome

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a good starting platform. As for the bowties, you could always just have vinyl decals cut to cover the gold.
Thanks, I've looked into that but idk if any of the vinyl will match thr green very well.
There's a company on eBay that sells replacement pieces for the gold. All you do is drill out the center gold and replace it with a smooth new emblem. Has a few colors that could easily be color matched. Did it for my dad's 16 and it looks awesome
I'll have to look into that, thanks!

·
n. fil-dert.
6,836 Posts
And the old one, please refrain from the bashing of it
You're not getting off that easy...

Nice plans for the new one. For my badge I just primed and painted it...just tape over the whole thing and cut it out, scuff with some 1200...too easy.

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're not getting off that easy...

Nice plans for the new one. For my badge I just primed and painted it...just tape over the whole thing and cut it out, scuff with some 1200...too easy.
That's what I usually did with my old ones but this bow tie isn't smooth it has a square pattern texture to it. Way too much to sand smooth.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
When we had the Impala the wife wanted hers painted and all they was scuff them with scotch brite, then paint and clear. I am sure getting into everywhere to scuff was a pain but less than sanding smooth.

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,336 Posts
Plans sound great, love the green!

I just painted my emblems and left the texture, it turned out well. I may swap it out at some point in the future if it chips but the primer and paint filled in a lot of the texture and it's held up great so far.

79494D36-E997-48E3-B0A7-7EB9422E697A_zpsit2q3mgn.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plans sound great, love the green!

I just painted my emblems and left the texture, it turned out well. I may swap it out at some point in the future if it chips but the primer and paint filled in a lot of the texture and it's held up great so far.

79494D36-E997-48E3-B0A7-7EB9422E697A_zpsit2q3mgn.jpg
I might give that a try, I'm worried it won't last with all the gravel I drive. I still havent checked the paint code yet. If its the same as my dmax i already have a couple cans of duplicor. Your rcsb is gorgeous, I almost drove out to Michigan (1400 mile round trip) to get a blue gmc 15 rcsb.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,270 Posts
Cleared the headlights, installed high country grill, and removed the z71 sticker and window visors today.

:boobs:

·
Super Moderator
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting her ready for clay bar and paint correction tomorrow. Washed it with dish soap and debadged it.

Pre polish reflection with some quality beer as the focus haha

It has minimal swirl marks for the most part the PO beat the shit out of the clear around the door handles, all 4 are this bad.

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Looks good for crappy green paint. lOl, we only have 2 green troks

1 - 20 of 388 Posts