GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
I'd give it a good 6 turns like others said, but I wouldn maxx out especially if you have stock shocks..:nono:

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you break the bolt and the key hits you in the head. The flat peice should stop it, but you never know. If not a hit to the head, maybe a finger off or something.This is why you should lift the truck off of the ground when cranking.

But your right you can do it on the ground. Just not a good idea.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
If you break the bolt and the key hits you in the head. The flat peice should stop it, but you never know. If not a hit to the head, maybe a finger off or something.This is why you should lift the truck off of the ground when cranking.

But your right you can do it on the ground. Just not a good idea.
every one has their own way of doing this. I have never cranked TB and jacked up a vehicle. Never had a problem. toyotas chevys etc. Plus that bolt is pretty hard, i doubt it will break.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I sheared the head off of one of my T-bar bolts pretty easily when I was cranking my truck a long time ago... It didt break up top.. it was right at the head, so it fly out or anything... but still, I reccommend lifting it too.. for safety and so you dont take a chance breaking and having to get a new one... You might could do it on the ground, alot of people do... lube it up with some PB blaster or something first though and use a smaller ratchet so you can feel the torque you got on there while turning...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts