GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finaly got my truck started last night after I tried to blow it up. I sprayed in half a can of starter fluid just to try to blow a head or something to get the fiance to let me buy a crate. Well with one extremly hard fire it started to run and kept runing and runs great every start up now.

Problem I face now is this. I did a oil change once I got it runing to get the old oil out that had the water and crap in it from the blown intake out. Put in fresh oil 5qts and the stick reads overfull? WTF?

This is on a 91 k1500 with 350 with a factory oil cooler. Drained and left open to drain for 15 mintues it should take much more than 5 qts to fill up should be upwards of 6.5 Possible even though it looked level that it was slightly off enogh to allow the cooler to retain the old oil?

Water level is perfect and has not changed a bit. Just kinda confused at how this thing only took 5qts to fill.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
5 quarts is full.
If you really wanted to blow it up you should have drained the oil then ran it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if I blew it up draining oil she would notice that. She knows enough from me hounding her to check oil frequently. I also thought about pouring water in the gas and act like one of my less than friendly neighbors was mad.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
or you could take your balls out of her purse and just buy a crate motor. :shrug:

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
lol.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
lol not even married and being ordered around. :rofl2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could do all that but then why screw up a relationship. Im not ordered around but may have a kid on the way so dont want to spend money not needed to be spent. Still get to do all the work I want if I have extra cash or realy need it. We are just watching spending right now.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
I could do all that but then why screw up a relationship. Im not ordered around but may have a kid on the way so dont want to spend money not needed to be spent. Still get to do all the work I want if I have extra cash or realy need it. We are just watching spending right now.
I'm surprised nobody's pointed this out,

you're a fucking idiot

G

·
Maybe you should just limp around on that motor spend the money on your kid if y'all are really trying to watch the spending for now. Drain the oil again and see if it looks like you didn't drain all of the oil last time.

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
have a kid on the way so dont want to spend money not needed to be spent.
That doesn't mesh with your previous statement that you were looking for an excuse to give to your woman. By blowing up an engine that you would be able to sell (or just use) instead, you spend money not needed to be spent.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Meth lab? :shrug:

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Meth lab? :shrug:
notorious for things 'blowing up' :LOL:

Honestly man, if you have a kid on the way save your money... a new crate engine isn't gonna do you a whole lot of good when you need money to take care of a little one. And trust me when I say its gonna be more expensive than you think.

You can always buy a new motor later, you only get one chance to be a good father. :read:

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
just drive it. I need an engine too, but you don't see me blowing shit up for no reason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts