GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I've been searching around for a while trying to find the answer to my question. Couldn't find anything though....

So, my problem is, when I turn the cold/hot control knob to hot, it gets stuck there. I can turn it back to cold, but it still blows hot ass air. The fan and other switches work fine. If I turn the truck off, and let it cool down it'll go back to blowing cold, but as soon as I turn it back to hot it gets stuck again.

The only problem I have with it, being as it's winter and all, is that GM heat is really f'n hot, so even if I crack the window, it's still too hot at stoplights and such. So, I end up riding around with the window half down, and the left side of my head freezing, and the right side sweating.

I'm not scared to tear into it to fix it, just want a general idea of what it may be before I go tearing apart my dash and end up with no heat and a 15 degree temperature outside.

Anyone got any ideas of what it may be?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Same thing happend to me there is a blower door that flips from hot to cold. There is an actuator underneath the black plastic gaurd near the transmission hump you remove and then you can manually crank it be carefull or you will break the actuator and the door will flap from hot to cold everytime you come to a stop or take off. I cant remember how much the peice was but it was definatley under 100 bucks. Just make sure when you replace it put the heater knob in the middle before you disconnect the old one or the new on will be out of alignment. Then it will try to open or close the flap to much and grind the gears inside. i found that out the hard way and had to buy a second one.

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! I hoped someone would know exactly what I was talking about... So, did you have to take apart any of your dash? Or just the obvious peices, like the bottom trim panels?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Just the bottom trim really easy but like I said leave the control knob in the middle when you take out the old one. It makes it a lot easier

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Anytime bro :shake:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts