GMC Truck Forum banner

Today's Work

795 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Cowboy Silverado 
#1 ·
Today I spent a few hours putting a big old box on my familys C6500 strait truck. We have had the box for years, it was just sitting on the ground and was used for storage. My dad got the C6500 with intentions of using the box and then using it to move cross country. Yesterday me and a friend jake took the box and winched it onto the back of our car hauler. So today was the day we put the Box on the back of the 6500. In theory it sounds easy... Take big box and winch it from one truck to the other. But it took us around 5 hours :read: There was alot of dicking around getting things ready. If I had to do it again i PROMISE I would do alot of things different. It was alot of fun. sorry I dont have any finished pictures with the box totally on the truck but it was dark before we finished. here are the pics

Here is a old pic but in the background you can see the box sitting on the ground.

This is the frame rails on the back of the C6500, I had to strech the back of the frame a little

Here is the box sitting on the back of the car hauler

Now half way into the swap. We used the winch on the back of the car hauler and basically used some snatch blocks and made a pip (SP?)

See less See more
#4 ·
In theory its easy? Never done anything similar but that looks like a colossal pain in the ass.
Oh thats NO LIE... Like i said before if I had to do it again I learned a BUNCH of stupid shit that I will defiantly use to do the next one. Just lots of retarded shit we did that took the LONG way... then after it was done it was one of those "oh we could of done it like this" and it would of been took half as long. LOL But its cool I learned alot of shit. I enjoy doing things like this were you can see BIG change. its rewarding

First, you get a box..

Then, you put your...
HAHAHAHAH :rofl2: :rocking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.