GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay since it never fails that some dumb ass at any of the locals shows/hangouts, will come walking up to my truck to look in the bed and kick the side of my truck because they're too Fn' stupid to pay attention, I'm ready to start looking for a hard tonneau cover. What do you have what do like and dislike about it? Who makes a nice one for a '99+ stepside that doesn't have the lip on the back to cover the big factory tailgate cap?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like the Gaylord's tonneau. From what I have seen they are good quality. Are you looking for a flush mount or one that fits over the rails?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the rail. I had another recomendation for Gaylords and for Snuglid. Both look nice so I'm gonna do some calling around to local places for prices and than check online.

·
Registered
489 Posts
get a snug Lid GAYlords SUCK ass ...
Or the one I had ... I ended up off loading the thing I am getting ready to order the snuglid :head:

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
Mike .. get the bolt on snug top. You don't have to drill hole in the bed, it comes with brackets .. and all kinds of options if you want them. It's the same bed cover I have .. I love it. Easy to open, and the finish is great. It's over the rail, but very flush .. doesn't have the lip, and doesn't stick up like a sore thumb.

·
88&99 fullsize
69 Posts
I have a snuglid on my 88. Very good quality. I have had that thing on there for about 8 yrs and the shocks still hold it up!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pewter00 said:
now peoples gonna say "where did your hydros go?" :crazy: :LOL:
I already get that.

Thanks to everyone for the feed back. :worship:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had a kick ass hard tonneau cover. It looked great and I could lock things in there when needed.........But I sold it because it became a pain in the ass. It took 4 people to take it off when I needed to put somthing big in my bed. I go riding quad and it just became a big pain. Also when the road was bumpy the lock got jiggled some how and broke off.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There isn't much going in my bed, and if I paint it after it gets smoothed nothing's going in it, so takeing it off and on isn't going to be a big factor for me.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I love my SnugLid, but both are quality covers.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
get a flush mount you'll regret an over the rail ever day you own it..

I got so tired of mine I threw it on top of my garage and just running nothing now.. I have a blue million scratches from the cover on the bed rails

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
99redsilv said:
get a flush mount you'll regret an over the rail ever day you own it..

I got so tired of mine I threw it on top of my garage and just running nothing now.. I have a blue million scratches from the cover on the bed rails
Except they leak!

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
01GMC said:
Mike .. get the bolt on snug top. You don't have to drill hole in the bed, it comes with brackets .. and all kinds of options if you want them. It's the same bed cover I have .. I love it. Easy to open, and the finish is great. It's over the rail, but very flush .. doesn't have the lip, and doesn't stick up like a sore thumb.
Word! Same here :worship:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts