GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bored of taking 55 or 39/80 when I head home from ISU to Oswego, IL. I mapped out a route where Id take route 66 all the way. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and had to use my phone for pics, this led to all the pictures being craptastic except this one.

090409_150425.gif

To be honest, its a pretty boring stretch of the road, 2 little antique gas stations, and this were all the real sights to see.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats in IL, I don't remember seeing that, I did get a phone call from my new boss at one point so i might have not seen it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
where abouts in oswego do you live? i did some work out there a while ago, it was off of 34 i believe, we did the Baker Square, its right by a Red Robin

·
Registered
452 Posts
did you stop anywhere in like chenoa, pontiac, odell or dwight??

im from pontiac so i know those towns well

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went through all of them, i think it was odell that had the little gas station but the pic didn't turn out since i used my phone. Stopped in pontiac too.

I live right between oswego and yorkville, by minkler road, Its in the country part of it.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha no sorry, no tater, hes the tow truck right? no break downs on the way home.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eh same thing ron white or a tow truck, both are filled with alcohol, whether its scotch or the gas/alcohol combo. Both smoke too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
sweet
ya odell is the one with the lil gas station, if you went all the way through town you went by my gf's house too

gotta love the country/small town life

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes I do love it, I lived on a 10 acre piece of land in naperville til I was 10, then moved out to oswego on 3 acres, with tons of open land around me. Im a country boy at heart, I did not fit in at all with the naperville yuppies growing up. Haha if those kids saw me now, driving around in a truck, with a dip in, jammin to some country music, they'd say fuckin hick get outa here.

That gas station was cool as hell though. I wish the pic I took woulda turned out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
ya i love the open country around me

if im in odell this weekend you want me to snap you a pic of the gas station??

i might even snap a pic of my new truck this weekend there and a few other pics of some stuff in town

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
go nuts man, im sure other people would find it cool too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
alright i will this weekend sometime
i will post up the pics in a in a diff thread

1 - 18 of 18 Posts