GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get my damn seats out? They look like they're held down by a huge Torx nut, but I've been to every hardware store around my area and none of them have a Torx socket big enough. am I missing something?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I cheated and used a regular 6 pt. socket without any issues. I don't remember what size though. I also helped a buddy and we did the same thing.

2 are large nuts and two are bolts. They are different sizes, used reg. sockets on both.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i think they are 15mm in front and 11mm in back, they fit so thats what i used. 6 point just like jebx said.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
try a 12pt socket if i remember right, it will work. we did this on a friends truck with no problems.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I know that with my seatbelts, the bit i needed was a T-50...and i know at most auto stores around here, they have them...the reg torx bits are easy to find...tamper proof ones are the biggest PITA...id bet you prob need a t-50 or sumthin along those lines...should be able to find the bit for under $5.

·
Registered
601 Posts
RedneckDude said:
I know that with my seatbelts, the bit i needed was a T-50...and i know at most auto stores around here, they have them...the reg torx bits are easy to find...tamper proof ones are the biggest PITA...id bet you prob need a t-50 or sumthin along those lines...should be able to find the bit for under $5.

They are inverse torx if that makes sense?? The nut/bolt looks like the bit/socket you would normally use for torx.

In this picture the white part is what the bolt is like, so you need a socket to go on the outside of it, not a bit to go in.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Ohh alright...i see what ur sayin...i had never messed with anything on trucks newer than my 91...lol...but i see what ur sayin now...and can see why it is so hard to find the bit...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts